(R) Chapter Twelve: Treachery in the Trees

(The chapter opens to show Corrin, Azura, Hinoka, Takumi, and Sakura traveling through a heavily forested area in Mokushu.)

Takumi: We're getting closer to that port now... After we get there, we should be able to find a ship that would take us out to Notre Sagesse. 

Corrin: Where are we now anyways? This doesn't look anything like the rest of Hoshido or Izumo. 

Hinoka: This would be Mokushu. It's a territory run by the daimyo, Kotaro, that split off from Hoshido many years ago. 

Sakura: We received word that Mokushu is going to ally itself with Hoshido in the coming war. 

Azura: I have a bad feeling about this... Something about this place simply strikes me as strange. I feel as if I can't quite relax... 

Corrin: I'm sure it will be fine... I hope so, anyways... 

Takumi: Well, it seems like you're going to have to hope a little harder, because we're surrounded. 

(Ninjas of Mokushu appear around the party.)

Corrin: Damn... 

Azura: Please refrain from attacking us. We are people of Hoshido, and we mean no harm--

(A dagger flies through the air, narrowly missing Azura.)

Sakura: A-Azura! Are you alright?! 

Azura: Y-Yes... I'm fine. You don't need to worry about me. 

Hinoka: If it's a fight they want, it's a fight they're going to get!

Corrin: Alright. It seems that they've decided on their fates, so who are we to deny them? Ready your weapons, everyone! We have a battle on our hands! 

(The battle begins. Your units are placed to the far left of the forest of Mokushu. The objective is to defeat the boss, Kotaro, who waits at the top right segment of the map. At the start of turn one, Saizo, Kagero, Orochi, and Reina appear at the bottom center of the map, surrounded by enemy forces. The camera pans over to them for the following dialogue.)

Saizo: Damn... Traitors. 

Kagero: I don't know why Kotaro would want to attack us, but if he insists on fighting, then we'll simply have to return the favor. 

Saizo: It's because he's a slippery bastard. He would do anything to get what he wanted. 

Orochi: If he wants to play dirty, then that's fine by me. He won't be quite so intent on being underhanded when I've got magic pointed at his head. 

Reina: They're going to regret crossing us. That is a promise, and if they don't believe it... Well, let's just say that I'd be more than happy to fill them with arrows to prove it! 

Saizo: Enough talk. Let's get rid of them already. 

(The camera pans over to show Kotaro.)

Kotaro: 'Mokushu is allied with Hoshido'... Those fools are gullible enough to buy anything. Why would I offer to cooperate with such a weak nation? They didn't fight against Nohr for years when they had the chance. Pathetic, all of them. They wandered into my territory, and I'd be more than happy to kill them and finish the job. I imagine King Garon will be able to pay a pretty penny to someone who got rid of such a large faction of important Hoshido soldiers... Mokushu's brilliance will be told of for generations! 

(If Corrin speaks with Saizo, the following dialogue plays out.)

Corrin: Hey! You're from Hoshido, aren't you? Come with us! We're going to take out these soldiers and get out of here!