(R) Chapter Seventeen: Flames of Turmoil

(The chapter opens with Corrin, Azura, Elise, Leo, and Camilla together. The setting is Nestra.)

Corrin: So, Leo... You're sure that Xander is here? 

Leo: I'm positive of it. He and Father were coming here to confirm an alliance with the leader of the nation. 

Elise: Hold on a moment... Do you smell that? 

Azura: It smells like smoke... 

Camilla: We're getting close to the famous opera house of Nestra... Why would there be smoke near such a precious building? 

Corrin: I'm willing to hazard a guess that it shouldn't be near smoke in the first place... Come on!

(The group moves towards the opera house. When they arrive, they find the building on fire.)

Corrin: No way... 

Camilla: There's barely anything of it left... How tragic... 

Elise: Look over there! 

(Kaden and Keaton limp out of the fire.)

Azura: They're both hurt... 

Leo: I bet they were in the building when it caught fire. 

Elise: I'll fix them right up. No need to worry! 

(Elise raises her staff.)

Kaden: Thanks for that... I really owe you one. 

Keaton: That was... Not fun... 

Corrin: What happened? Neither of you appears to be in good shape... Did something happen inside the opera house? 

Kaden: The king of Nohr happened if that's what you're asking. 

Azura: What do you mean? 

Keaton: The king of Nohr was here. He asked the leader of the country to ally with him in the war. When his offer was rejected, they got into an argument. You could hear it practically all across the theater...

Kaden: When it ended, Nestra's ruler was dead, and King Garon ordered that the opera house be burned alongside the rest of Nestra. 

Corrin: What a monstrous action... 

Leo: There's nothing that can be said to defend a man like that... Absolutely abhorrent. 

Elise: Hey, look over there! Is that who I think it is?

Camilla: Xander! 

(Xander appears with Peri, Laslow, Odin, and Niles.)

Xander: What are you all doing here? And Corrin, why are you--

Corrin: That can wait. We have to help the people who are in trouble right now. We can't let Nestra fall apart. 

Xander: I agree... What Father did here today was nothing short of disgusting. I cannot ally myself with such a man. He does not stand for the peace that Nohr needs right now... Allow us to fight with you. 

Corrin: Do you truly mean it, Xander? 

Xander: I have no reason to lie about such a solemn matter. 

Leo: I take it that your retainers and mine will be joining us. 

Niles: What reason would we have for not coming along?