(AF) Chapter Four: Falling Goddesses

Time has passed since the goddesses first granted their blessings to their chosen champions. However, the flow of time has brought them catastrophe the same way that it has brought them beauty, and the time has come for Pheuyura to experience its first major shift...

(The chapter opens on Aurore, Delia, and Concordia gathered together on the Plains of Hoshido.)

Aurore: At long last, we have arrived at our destination... Do either of you have any idea what this could be about?

Delia: I'm afraid not. I merely received a message that I had to meet urgently with Yugare as soon as possible. 

Concordia: I have a bad feeling about this... The three gods have not gathered openly since they first rescued Pheuyura from the brink of death. 

Aurore: I somehow doubt that they're calling us here for a good reason. They wouldn't come together unless it was something serious. 

Delia: We won't know until we can ask them about it, so let's just keep moving and hope this isn't a sign of tragedy. 

Concordia: We should be getting closer to where they are specifically... I can see them on the horizon. Come on. Let's move. 

(The gameplay segment begins. The objective is to take Aurore, Delia, and Concordia to the destination at the far end of the map. Akiri, Yugare, and Anankos are all gathered there. After the objective has been achieved, the following dialogue plays out.)

Anankos: Thank you three for coming so suddenly... I'm afraid that we have terrible news. 

Aurore: What is it? 

Akiri: Our power is finally beginning to give out... Our energy was drained when we left the dying Astral Plane behind, and we can no longer continue to remain in the realm of the mortals. 

Delia: Does this mean that...? 

Yugare: Yes... Akiri and I are dying, and we believe that the end is coming soon for us both. 

Concordia: This is truly dreadful... I wish that there was more that we could do. 

Anankos: They requested that you three be here as they passed on... 

Yugare: You all have done so much for the sake of both us and Pheuyura as a whole. We greatly appreciate you for it. We trust that you will lead the future generations well. 

Akiri: There are no other people that we would rather have taking the land into the next stage of its being... Thank you for everything... And goodbye. 

(Akiri and Yugare both close their eyes, and they begin to disperse into red and purple energy respectively.)

Aurore: I will continue to uphold your legacy, my lady... 

Delia: And I as well. You will be missed. 

Concordia: What is happening to them? 

Anankos: When a god dies naturally, their power is released to the surrounding land. The strength that they had left is traveling to Hoshido and Nohr to fuel their fertility. 

Aurore: We will continue to live in their honor. It's the least that we can do after all that they did for us. 

Delia: We'll ensure that all youth who grow up across the continent of Pheuyura are aware of how incredible the goddesses were. 

Anankos: I appreciate your words... I will remain for quite some time more since I was always the strongest of us three. I will do what I can to ease the land into its next phase of existence. 

Concordia: We will stand by your side all the way through, my lord. Consider that a promise. 

Anankos: I trust you three with the future of the land... And I know that Akiri and Yugare did as well. 

Aurore: When I return to Hoshido, I'll create a shrine in honor of the fallen goddesses. 

Delia: And I shall do the same in Nohr. 

Concordia: The same will apply to Valla... But until then, allow us to remember how much they did for us in life. Let us take a moment of silence. 

(Aurore and Delia nod as the quartet falls silent. The screen fades out to black soon afterwards.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another chapter is done woohoo

-Digital