(B) Chapter Ten: Carefree King

(A few days later, Corrin, Azura, Sakura, and Hinoka are all standing near a bed in the Hoshidan palace, having just arrived back from the Wind Tribe. Mikoto is lying on the bed)

Hinoka: Mother! I'm glad to see you're okay. 

Mikoto: How have things been going for you, Hinoka?

Hinoka: I was at the Wind Tribe making an alliance for the war. It all started so suddenly... We've been scrambling to pull together a force to fight back against Nohr. I'm sorry I wasn't here when you woke up. 

Mikoto: Worry not, Hinoka. I'm happy to see you safe after the attack. 

Hinoka: Thank you, Mother. 

Mikoto: What has happened so far in the war?

Corrin: Not much. We made an alliance with Chief Fuga of the Wind Tribe. Sakura and I decided to go to Izumo to maybe gain help there. As of now, the Nohrians have us vastly outnumbered. 

Hinoka: But we'll be able to stop them. I promise. 

Mikoto: I wish it didn't have to be this way... I will never forgive Nohr for their crimes against Hoshido, but I still had wishes to end the war peacefully. It seems that won't be happening now. 

Corrin: It'll be okay. No need to worry, Mother. 

Sakura: Do you need anything of us? 

Mikoto: Can you tell me where Takumi and Ryoma are? I haven't seen them since I woke up. 

Azura: Takumi was working to defend the border of Hoshido. Ryoma left for the Nohrian territory Cheve after receiving a letter that they needed reinforcements. 

Corrin: Why would he be going to Nohrian territory though?

Azura: Cheve was once an independent nation that rested on the far northern border of Nohr. It was well-known for its fighters, who could easily contend with the best of Pheuyura. However, when Nohr began its invasions, Cheve was swallowed early on. Ever since then, Chevois rebels have been hostile towards Nohr, trying to eliminate the soldiers occupying the country. My guess is that once they heard of the war's start, they sent a messenger to Hoshido to ask for assistance in fighting against Nohr in exchange for military strength. 

Corrin: How long has the occupation been going on?

Sakura: It began a long time ago. I believe that it was when our grandfather was in power. That was when tensions between Nohr and Hoshido really began. I think Nohr invaded Cheve not long after. 

Mikoto: That wasn't the only place Nohr invaded...

Corrin: What do you mean?

Mikoto: Oh, it isn't important. Thank you for visiting me. You have things to do, yes?

Sakura: We don't want to leave you just yet though... We just got back...

Mikoto: War is brutal, I'm afraid. Nohr won't be waiting for you to finish things here. Izumo awaits you. 

Hinoka: Thank you again for seeing us, Mother. 

Azura: I'm going to stay with her for a little bit longer. I'll catch up to you all soon enough. 

Corrin: Alright. We'll see you then. Farewell, Mother. I hope you start feeling better soon. 

Mikoto: Thank you, Corrin. 

(A few days later, the group arrives in Izumo. Corrin, Sakura, Hinoka, and Kaze enter the palace of Izumo, which is completely empty)

Corrin: So this is Izumo...