(R) Chapter Sixteen: Triumph and Tragedy

(The chapter opens to show Corrin, Azura, and Sakura together in Cheve.)

Corrin: Alright... Sakura, you're sure that Ryoma will be here? 

Sakura: I'm positive. Before all of this started, he said that he was going to be setting out for Cheve to make an alliance there. We would have heard rumors that he was back at the palace by now if he had set out for home, so he has to be here. 

Azura: Cheve... This is a state that was once under Nohrian rule, correct? 

Sakura: Yes. It broke off from Nohr, but King Garon has been trying to pull it under his finger once again. There's a rebellion stirring in the kingdom right now, and the leader of it declared that she wanted to ally with Hoshido in the war. That made Nohr rather angry, and now, Cheve is having to fight for independence again. 

Corrin: I can imagine that Ryoma has had his hands full with that then... We should try and figure out where the rebellion safe house is. It's got to be around here somewhere... 

Azura: Hold on for a moment... I hear noise. It's coming from that direction. 

(Corrin, Azura, and Sakura follow the sound and arrive outside a nearby rundown building surrounded by Nohrian soldiers.)

Azura: If I had to guess, I would say that this is the place where Ryoma is staying. 

Sakura: Look at the fighters... They're wearing armor from Nohr. 

Corrin: Hang on... Their leader is... Leo?! 

(Leo comes into view.)

Leo: Greetings, Corrin. 

Corrin: Leo, what are you doing? You shouldn't be attacking innocent people like this! 

Leo: I have to act under the orders of the king... Something you would be aware of if you had come back to Nohr with us after the battle at the Plains of Hoshido. 

Corrin: Leo, please listen to me. We don't want to fight against you. Instead of battling us, you should come with us. We're going to--

Leo: Spare me your chatter. You have done enough, and I can't let you continue on as you have been. It's time to fight. You had better be ready. 

Corrin: Damn it all... It seems we're going to have to break through the ranks of the Nohrians if we want to save Ryoma. 

Sakura: Alright... We don't have a moment to lose. I don't want him getting hurt. 

Corrin: Me neither. Let's do this! 

(The fight begins. The objective is to rout the enemy and seize the entrance to the safe house for the rebellion located at the center of the map. Nohrian enemies are scattered everywhere on the field. When the battle starts, Corrin, Camilla, and Elise begin speaking with Leo.)

Corrin: Leo, please listen to us! 

Camilla: Corrin's intentions for peace are pure. Elise and I trust them, so why can't you? 

Leo: ... 

Elise: I know that you want to be with us. We're your family, and we're far better to you than Father has been. 

Camilla: Soon enough, it'll be all of us together once again fighting for the sake of Nohr's future. Why don't you bring us one step closer to that reality by joining us now? 

Leo: ...Step aside or suffer the consequences. 

Corrin: As much as I hate to say it, there's no reasoning with him when he's like this. We're going to have to defeat him before we can talk further.