(C) Chapter Twelve: Cross Encounter

(The scene opens with Corrin, Azura, Elise, and Camilla standing outside the throne room of Castle Krakenburg)

Corrin: I guess there's no point in holding it off... Time to see Father.

Camilla: Are you nervous?

Corrin: A little... I need to talk to him about everything I've learned recently.

Elise: Like what?

Corrin: I'll explain it later... For now, let's get this over with.

(The Corrin enters the throne room to see Garon, Iago, Hans, and Thalone having a strategy meeting)

Iago: Corrin conquered the land of Notre Sagesse by killing the leader of the country. The Ice Tribe has backed down.

Hans: Mokushu's declared its alliance with us as well.

Thalone : Izumo is remaining neutral in this war. Aulane is on the side of Hoshido. Its royal family has ties with the Hoshidans we can't hope to sever.

Garon: What should we do next then?

Corrin: Father?

Garon: Corrin. You've returned.

Corrin: I wanted to ask you about my next mission.

Iago: Ah, yes. The one who defeated Notre Sagesse's ruler.

Corrin: H-Huh?

Garon: Iago told me of your work. I'm proud of you, Corrin.

Iago: Perhaps our next action should be to send Corrin to take care of another rebellion. It appears they're very strong at doing such.

Garon: You make a good point... A rebellion is taking place now in Cheve. Corrin, you are going to take care of it.

Corrin: Alright... Father, can I speak with you for a moment?

Garon: Is it urgent? I'm in the middle of a meeting.

Corrin: W-Well, I suppose not, but—

Garon: Then leave it until you return.

Corrin: I... Alright.

Iago: You don't want to bother your father, now, do you?

C o r r i n : ...Of course not. I'll be on my way.

(Corrin exits)

H a n s : Is it a good idea to leave them alone?

Garon: We'll see how things go. If anybody is set to go to Cheve, it will be you, Hans.

Hans: Good...

Thalone : Cheve is a battleground because of the rebellion. There is no government leader there.

Hans: The lord and lady died a long time ago. Cheve has been under Nohrian rule for many years, but the rebels still create a thorn in our side.

Iago: Too many resources go into smiting out Chevois rebels. It's time we took care of them once and for all.

Garon: I agree. Corrin had better not fail me.

(Scene change to Corrin standing outside the throne room once again with Camilla, Elise, and Azura)

Corrin: I'm supposed to go to Cheve to quell another rebellion.