(C) Chapter Fourteen: Voice of Paradise

(The scene opens on Corrin, Azura, Elise, and Camilla in the city of Cyrkensia in Nestra)

Corrin: Are you sure it's a good idea to stop in Nestra before returning to the palace?

Camilla: Of course. I heard from Father himself via letter that we were to meet him here in Cyrkensia.

Elise: What does he want here? I'm not complaining, of course, but...

Azura: I would assume he wants to ally with Nestra in the war. Nestra is a neutral nation, but it wouldn't surprise me if he wanted to negotiate.

???: That's exactly why he's here.

(Leo appears)

Corrin: Leo!

Leo: Long time no see.

Corrin: What are you doing here?

Leo: I finished my own mission, so I came here. I'm free to do as I please from here on out, so I'll be joining you.

Corrin: We're glad to have you.

Leo: We should head to the theater.

Corrin: Theater?

Leo: Cyrkensia is known for its incredible singers and dancers. They put on performances for nobles who come to visit. The opera house is known far and wide for the talented people who perform on its stage.

Corrin: Sounds exciting.

Leo: We should get going now. Father will be waiting for us.

Corrin: Sounds good to me! I'll catch up with you guys!

(Camilla, Elise, and Leo leave)

Corrin: It's so hard to put up a front when I'm still reeling from all that's happened...

Azura: I understand... I... I have something to do. I'm afraid I can't join you for the show. Try to have a nice time while I'm gone. I'll catch up with you later.

Corrin: Alright. I'll see you later.

(Azura and Corrin go their separate directions. When the scene changes, the other royals are sitting in the opera house. Garon is with them, Iago at his side)

Corrin: Wow... This is incredible!

Leo: It's something else indeed.

Garon: Corrin.

Corrin: F-Father...

Garon: I have received word about the incident in Cheve. I am told you eradicated the rebels and townspeople.

Corrin: ...

Garon: You did well. Rebellions spread like seeds. You must salt the earth before they sprout.

Corrin: That isn't what happened... Father, I need to talk to—

Iago: The performance is about to begin. Please be quiet. You can discuss your actions with King Garon later.

Leo: Corrin, what's wrong?

Corrin: Something awful happened in Cheve... I suppose I'll have to discuss it later.

Leo: Alright... It's a deal.

(Azura appears on the stage wearing dark clothing. She begins to sing, Garon groaning in discomfort as the song continues)