(AF) Chapter Thirty-Two: Underhanded Tactics

Mikoto and Corrin have fully become part of the royal family of Hoshido. Their chance encounter with the king led to a wedding and the birth of a new family for all of the parties involved. However, as connections grow within Hoshido, they begin to fall apart in Nohr. The wars of the concubines have grown stronger in the Nohrian courts, taking the lives of consorts and their children alike. Arete has remained a prime target in her many years as Garon's wife, but her luck has finally worn itself to the bone, leaving nothing but despair in its wake. 

(The chapter opens to show Arete speaking with Ivanna in the former's room. Ivanna's purple hair makes it clear that she is Camilla's mother.)

Arete: I don't understand why you wished to speak with me. We haven't interacted in quite some time. 

Ivanna: Perhaps I simply wished to bridge the gap. Our daughters get along so well as it is. Camilla practically never stops talking about how much fun she has when she and Azura play together. 

Arete: Azura rather enjoys her company as well... But I want to know the truth of why you're here. The only people who have ever bothered to get close with me have always had second intentions. This has something to do with the throne of Nohr, doesn't it?

Ivanna: That isn't important. 

Arete: I don't want it. I've never wanted to be the queen of Nohr. Xander is set to take over next, and I won't be getting in his way. 

Ivanna: If you truly don't care, then you should simply leave the palace. 

Arete: That isn't an option. 

Ivanna: Whether you like it or not, you're an obstacle, and I will do what I have to in order to take out those who stand in my way. 

(The battle segment of the chapter begins. The player takes control of Ivanna, and the objective is to defeat Arete.)

(When Ivanna initiates combat with Arete, the following dialogue plays out.)

Ivanna: I need to take over the throne. That's always been my goal, and whether you choose to admit it or not, you're standing in the way of that objective. 

Arete: Please stop this at once. 

Ivanna: I've made my choice... Everything ends now. 

(When Arete is defeated, the following dialogue plays out.)

Arete: No... Please, don't do this...!

Ivanna: I think we both know how this ends. 

(After the battle, Ivanna stands over Arete with a knife in one hand.)

Ivanna: I will do whatever I have to in order to take the throne of Nohr as my own, and that includes killing you. Do you have any idea how many other consorts and their children I have killed to have a chance at the throne? I know how to get what I want. You've been standing in everyone's way since the day that our children were born. It's a miracle that nobody has gotten to you before now given how targeted you are. 

Arete: You... You've killed children...?! You're a monster!

Ivanna: Everyone is a monster these days. Allow me to show you how truly monstrous I can be. 

(Ivanna stabs Arete, killing her.)

Ivanna: That was too easy... You shouldn't ever trust anyone, and you were foolish to think that anyone would want to get too close to you for other reasons. Camilla is one step closer to being on the throne because of your foolishness. Goodbye, former queen.  

(Ivanna leaves the room. The screen fades to black, changing to a scene later in the day. Azura walks into the room slowly.)

Azura: Mother...? Are you in here? 

(Azura gasps upon seeing Arete's body.)

Azura: No... Mother! 

(Azura falls to her knees and begins to cry mournfully. The chapter ends as Azura continues to sob alone in the room.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ivanna is the worst pass it on

-Digital