(AF) Prologue: A New Home

The chapter opens on the dragon forms of Anankos, Akiri, and Yugare flying through the sky. 

Akiri: We have been flying for days now, and still, there is nothing in sight... 

Yugare: There must be something soon... There is nowhere else for us to go. 

Anankos: The fall of the Astral Plane is a tragedy, but we knew that it was coming for many years. We should be thankful that we were able to enjoy ourselves there at all. We can save our grief for after we have arrived at our new home. 

Akiri: Moving away from the collapsing Astral Plane has drained our energy greatly. We must find a place to land as soon as possible.  

Yugare: I agree completely. I can tell that my power of shadow has begun to dwindle. If we are not careful, we will not be able to complete this journey. 

Anankos: We must press on despite our exhaustion. Soon, we will find our home, and we will do all that we can in order to make it our own. 

Akiri: Nothing will ever compare to the majesty of the Astral Plane, but this is still a step in the right direction. 

Yugare: One day... Perhaps our home will be reborn as something beautiful. 

Anankos: Until then, we will simply press on. We will undoubtedly arrive soon enough. 

Akiri: There has to be a place for us to live in this vicinity... 

Yugare: ...Land. I can smell land. 

Anankos: It appears that we are getting closer to our destination then. Let us keep flying. 

The chapter's gameplay segment begins. The objective is to take Akiri, Yugare, and Anankos to the other end of the map where the destination, a mass of land, awaits. After such an objective has been accomplished, the following dialogue plays out. 

Akiri: At long last... We are here. 

Yugare: The land appears dead and desolate.

Anankos: Still, it is something... With the power we possess, I am sure that we will be able to make it something splendid. 

Akiri: I can hear the voices of many creatures nearby... Mortals. They must be. 

Yugare: We have left behind the Astral Plane... Mortals are the only ones who remain. I highly doubt that our fellow Astral Dragon brethren have come here so soon. 

Anankos: Then we shall simply have to live alongside the mortals. No dragons have ever done such before, but there is a first time for everything. 

Akiri: There is no other place for us to go... But we can restore life to this fallen land. 

Yugare: You are right. Soon, they will understand the true power that the Astral Dragons possess. 

Anankos: We must continue moving if we wish to cross paths with them. They will need our aid to bring this fallen land salvation. 

Akiri: Hold for a moment. I have one inquiry to make. 

Anankos: And what would that be? 

Akiri: This land needs a name. 

Yugare: You make a solid argument... I can hear no name for this land on the lips of the mortals. 

Anankos: I see... Do you have any titles for this territory then? 

Yugare: I believe that I have one in mind... 

Akiri: Do not hold back, dear sister... Tell us all that you are thinking. 

Yugare: Pheuyura. 

Anankos: Pheuyura... They were the ruler of the Astral Dragons when the Astral Plane yet lived. 

Akiri: They perished when the land began to fall apart... It is only fitting that we honor such an incredible and splendid legacy this way. 

Yugare: This territory will work to honor all of those who fell when the Astral Plane deteriorated. We were among the survivors, but not all of our brothers and sisters were so lucky. 

Anankos: You are right... I agree completely. From this day forth, this land shall be known as Pheuyura. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I sure do have some explaining to do, huh?

This path doesn't function in a similar way to the other four in the slightest. In fact, it's something completely different. Rather than having a cohesive storyline revolving around the war, Ancestors of Fate focuses on various important moments throughout the timeline leading up to the conflict. Most chapters aren't even battles; they simply offer dimension and perspective to key points of the story. This is different from the miscellaneous moments story in the way that not all of these revolve around the main cast of Fates. In fact, most of them are independent from the playable characters in Fates. It's a collection of moments rather than one cohesive story. I promise this will all make more sense the deeper that we get into the path, but for the time being, I hope you enjoyed this first chapter! More is on the way!

-Digital