(HF) Chapter Five: Brutal Assault

(The scene opens with the children from the previous chapter arriving outside a large castle)

Dwyer: Well, here we are... We might as well get comfortable.

Jasper: We can head in there and set up a defensive line or whatever, right?

Forrest: That would be wise... We don't want to wind up stuck outside if we're fighting again.

Nina: I somehow doubt this place will have ballista or anything, but just setting up is going to do us some good right off the bat.

Kana: Off we go then! 

Timpani: I wonder if this place will be empty... It certainly looks deserted. 

Ophelia: May this location serve as a lovely abode.

Sophie: I know that I need a rest after all that's happened lately... I don't think I can go on for much longer.

Dwyer: Wow... This place is nice.

Kana: You got that right!

Jasper: Who knew that unidentified people could have such good taste?

Forrest: This appears to be Palace Syrene. It was once used as a vacation retreat for the royal family of Nohr, but it has since fallen into disrepair.

Timpani: Disrepair or no, I think it's great! I never would have expected an abandoned building to be so nice.

Nina: It is incredible, I must admit... I'm not going to lie, I was hesitant when we saw a building on the horizon. It could have been a trap.

Sophie: And yet, there's no signs of suspicious behavior now, so I'd say we're in good condition!

Ophelia: I pray that we will find peace here. Assailants will struggle to reach us now.

Forrest: That's true... And if they do come, we can use this place to set up a defensive attack.

Dwyer: They can't exactly ambush us and try to get in the building if we're watching over it.

Jasper: I almost want them to show up. I want to beat in their pathetic invisible faces.

Sophie: I would rather not look forward to combat... We've been through enough today, and I really don't want to add onto that stress any further.

Kana: I want to rest now... Is that an option? Can we relax for a little while?

Nina: I don't see why not. Nobody is here. Nobody has been here for a really long time.

Ophelia: I declare this the home base of our forces from now on.

Timpani: This is the nicest base that I've ever seen...

Forrest: We might as well start to look around... No point in standing around when we have exploring to do.

(The other children nod, and everyone goes their separate ways)

(Time passes, and Nina runs up to Forrest. The other children arrive throughout the conversation)

Nina: Forrest! There are people coming towards us. They seem to be the invisible soldiers from before.

Forrest: You can't be serious...

Jasper: She's serious alright. I could see them as I walked past a window.

Kana: What do we do?

Sophie: We... We can't let them get in here, right?

Dwyer: Ugh... I'm sick of fighting...

Ophelia: Fate has decreed it is time for battle.

Timpani: Well, who are we to ignore its announcements? I guess it's time for us to jump right into things.

Forrest: Yes... Everyone, it's time to fight!

(The battle begins. The map is set just outside Palace Syrene. The objective is to defend the entrances to the palace while routing the enemy. If the enemy breaches the entrances to the palace, the map is ended with a game over.)

(After the battle, the children stand inside the lobby with Dwyer locking the door)

Dwyer: That is enough of that... 

Forrest: It's good that we got in here... I don't even want to imagine how horribly that battle would have ended if not for our defensive line.

Kana: Do we want to leave the palace now? They know where we are.

Timpani: We defeated them all though. None of them can retreat to spread the word.

Sophie: It's best if we stick around here anyways. If they come back, we want to be prepared to fight back.

Nina: I agree with Sophie. If we went out, we would be left as easy targets, and I feel like a group of kids is already easy enough to attack.

Jasper: So... We're going to stay here and wait for somebody to come and help us?

Ophelia: Others will observe our lack of presence.

Forrest: Exactly. They'll notice we aren't around after a while, and people will being searching.

Dwyer: They'll find us here eventually, I'm sure... Well, I hope.

Timpani: Until then, we have a garden at our disposal. It's around back.

Sophie: With some work, we could actually survive here and have a fun time!

Kana: I hope our parents are okay... 

Nina: Only time will tell... But until then, let's look around.

Jasper: I'm sure a lot awaits us... Let's meet up back here in a few hours, alright?

Ophelia: Perfect!

-------------------------------------------------------

I got a shiny Eevee as a Secret Santa gift I am going to cry

-Digital