(B) Chapter Seventeen: Retaken Lands

(The Hoshidan siblings and Scarlet are gathered together in an alleyway of Cheve. All of them are wearing cloaks and hoods once again to hide their faces)

Corrin: So, this is where the occupation force is centered...

Scarlet: Yeah. Back in the day, the nobles of Cheve who ruled over it lived in this villa. Of course, after they were killed and the Nohrians came in, it hasn't been used by the Chevois nobles in quite some time... As a matter of fact, it's been about twelve years...

Hinoka: Are there any left in the noble family?

Scarlet: The duke and duchess are dead now. They were executed by the occupation troops quite some time ago. They supposedly had a child, but nobody knows where they are now, or if they're even alive. Basically, putting a Chevois noble back on the throne now is nearly impossible. All who helped them out are dead now too. The Nohrians are ruthless in this place.

Sakura: That's awful...

Scarlet: Luckily for us, we can strike now, take out the occupation force and send Nohr reeling. It's going to be hard for them to recover from this one. The troops should scatter when we defeat their commander. All the remaining soldiers will try and flee back to Nohr.

Takumi: You sound like you've been planning this for ages.

Scarlet: You could say that. My parents were killed by the occupation army years ago, and ever since, I've been thinking of all sorts of ways I can take the army out.

Corrin: I'm glad we can use your plans to our advantage. The sooner we deal this blow to the army, the sooner we can start moving in on Castle Krakenburg.

Ryoma: If we take out the Nohrian issue at its center, otherwise known as King Garon, the army will crumble, and the war will end.

Scarlet: Then let's get right to it!

Sakura: What's the plan for winning this battle?

Scarlet: Their leader and a majority of their supplies are holed up in this fort. If we can take it out and defeat the leader of the occupation army, the soldiers beneath him will crumble to bits. The army will fall apart with this victory.

Takumi: And Nohr will suffer heavy losses as a result of losing one of their main occupied territories. Perfect.

Corrin: Let's choose our troops carefully and go in there quickly then. The travesties against Cheve will continue no longer!

(The battle begins. The map is the same as chapter fourteen of Birthright, but there are no Dragon Veins and Charlotte and Benny are not found on this map. Also, the boss of this map is Nichol from Sophie's paralogue, 'Bold Approach'. He acts as the leader of the Nohrian Occupation Army.)

(If Scarlet is on the map)

Nichol: Hm... It seems we have an unexpected player on this field... No matter. It will all end the same.

(Nichol is fought in combat)

Nichol: Give it all you've got! You're nothing compared to the might of Nohr!

(Scarlet initiates combat against Nichol)

Scarlet: You're the one who's been doing all these horrible things to Cheve... You will pay for this.

Nichol: I'm just following orders. King Garon knows this dreadful territory has potent fighters and simply can't let it survive any longer. If I'm to get my pay, I need to squash this dreadful rebellion and kill you all.

Scarlet: You're just doing this all for money?!

Nichol: It isn't any of your business. Besides, you should know firsthand about how brutal I am, even if it's been years since we've met face to face, my lady.

Scarlet: ...

Nichol: It matters not. You die here.

(Ryoma initiates combat against Nichol)

Ryoma: You're responsible for the atrocities against this nation.

Nichol: That I am. What of it? Why should it matter to an outsider like you?

Ryoma: I can't stand by while people are suffering. For all you've done, you will pay with your life.

Nichol: That's what they all say. They're all bark and no bite. Hoshidan prince or no, you're just like them.

Ryoma: You'll find that to be false. Your end is nigh.

(Nichol is defeated in combat)

Nichol: Cheve... Cheve will not live... So long as King Garon will rule...

(After the battle)

Corrin: Is it over?

Takumi: I believe so...

Scarlet: I must thank you all for helping me to free Cheve from its oppression. I must admit, I never expected to see Hoshidan royals help me take back my lost nation.

Ryoma: It was our pleasure. I hope you'll work alongside us as we take the fight to Nohr itself.

Sakura: I'm sure Ryoma would really love that...

Ryoma: Wh-What is that supposed to mean?

Sakura: Heehee...

Scarlet: Of course, I will. I'm sure Nohr will just send another occupation army now that this one has fallen. We need to take out the root of the problem to truly free Cheve for good.

Corrin: We're glad to have you as a permanent member of the team, Scarlet. Now, it's time for us to head south for Nohr.

Hinoka: They won't know what hit them.  

-----------------------------------------------------

It's been a while, hasn't it?

I had this chapter halfway typed for a really long time. I finally got myself to sit down and finish it, and I'm glad I did. I got to do some foreshadowing for something I added into the remake, but you won't really find out about it until I eventually do my fanmade supports for Scarlet (it'll likely come out in Scarlet/Ryoma). I promise not to leave the plot point open for those who haven't put the pieces together already. 

I'm hopefully going to have this path finished by about April 11th. That's when QATH is ending too, so I might as well hit two birds with one stone. There are twelve chapters left, but they're pretty short and easy to pump out. 

Speaking of, this chapter is very short. I am well aware of that. I guess this is just to balance out the long chapters like Song of Waves, What Remains, and later chapters as we get closer to endgame. In fact, not the next update, but the one after that (chapter nineteen) is going to be another thick one, so this is just for the balance of the universe. 

I think that's about it. I'll see you guys next time!

-Digital