(C) Chapter Sixteen: Den of Betrayal

(The scene opens on the Nohrian royals and Nyx in Mokushu)

Corrin: We've finally arrived...

Camilla: It's been so long since we were on land in Nestra... Boat travel is not my favorite method of transportation.

Nyx: I was almost convinced solid earth didn't exist after a few weeks on that ship...

Leo: We can't let ourselves be distracted. We have other places to be.

Xander: Hoshido awaits.

(Kotaro appears)

Kotaro: Welcome, soldiers of Nohr! We have been awaiting your arrival.

Corrin: Who might you be?

Kotaro: I am Kotaro, the daimyo of Mokushu. We Mokushujin are glad to ally with Nohr. We have always been on good terms with your kingdom, and we were destined to side with you when war inevitably broke out.

Leo: We appreciate the loyalty, I suppose.

Nyx: ...

Kotaro: I don't mean to rush you after such a long journey, but I'd like to show you the path you'll be using to enter Hoshido. This way, my good nobles.

(Kotaro leaves with all the royals but Leo, leaving him alone with Nyx)

Leo: You're acting strange. Quieter than usual.

Nyx: I'm always quiet.

Leo: Just tell me what's on your mind.

Nyx: ...Something about this man feels wrong. I can't quite describe it, but something is amiss.

Leo: Stay on your guard. If he turns against us, we need to be ready.

Nyx: Yes, milord.

(Nyx and Leo leave. The scene transitions to the passage into Hoshido)

Corrin: This is it?

Kotaro: Yes. It has long been used as a trade route, though no merchants have traveled through in many months since the war began. Hoshido is too afraid to reach out, it seems.

Camilla: Have you battled the Hoshidan army?

Kotaro: At some points, yes.

Azura: Did... Did you hear that? I hear footsteps.

Elise: But who could be down here?

Nyx: ...

(Saizo appears)

Saizo : Greetings, daimyo.

Kotaro: Hoshidan ninja. Tch. Pathetic.

Corrin: What's going on here?

Saizo : Where is she?

Kotaro: I know not what you mean.

Saizo : Enough with the secrets. Talk.

(Kaze appears)

Kaze : Saizo! Have you found her?!

Saizo : Kotaro, you know what you did.

Corrin: Daimyo, please explain what's happening.

Saizo : This man is the monster who murdered a former retainer of Hoshido years ago... Our father.