(HT) Chapter Seven: Dragonstone

(The chapter starts with the group of five standing outside the entrance to Nohr from Valla.)

Thalone: Here we are... We're so close to arriving. Nohr is almost within our grasp.

Lilith: If Cerulean has really been taken in by the royal family of Nohr, then we'll need to find a way to get jobs there ourselves, right?

Severa: Yeah. It's not like we can just go in there and snatch the kid before running off. You know, unless we all have a death wish or something. 

Thalone: I think we should do something before heading over there.

Owain: And what would that be?

Thalone: You stick out as it is. You don't look like you belong here in Pheuyura. I'm going to help you blend in a bit better. How does that sound?

(When no objections are offered, Thalone snaps his fingers. Severa, Owain, and Inigo's appearances all change.)

Thalone: You will need new identities as well. We did our best to defeat every soldier we encountered, but if any slipped through the cracks, they could tell others about the skirmishes. Severa, you will become Selena. Inigo, you will be Laslow. Owain, your new name is Odin.

Selena: So... We'll be new people to throw off any escaping soldiers?

Thalone: Exactly. Now, let's go into Nohr.

Lilith: Wait... I can sense something. 

Thalone: Lilith? What is it?

Lilith: A dragonstone's energy! It's nearby!

Thalone: That's amazing! Let's go find it!

(Lilith dashes off to find the dragonstone with the other four taking up the rear.)

Laslow: I just remembered something, you know.

Thalone: What is it? You never told us the full story of those blue stones.

Selena: Hey, you're right...! The ones that the Faceless used to find us anyways!

Thalone: Ah, yes... Those stones are actually the basis for dragonstones. They allow for shifts in time and space. 

Odin: But how can such wondrous inventions be used in simple creations like dragonstones?

Thalone: Since they allow for such drastic shifts, they can be used to allow for shifts in one's appearance as well. The stones were originally rather tame in their effects, allowing them to be experimented on and refined until the dragonstones we know today were created.

Laslow: The stones used by the Faceless didn't seem to fall into such a category.

Thalone: When Anankos was killed, a large amount of his power was released, as I've stated before. This power created Lilith, let the invisible soldiers live, and fueled the magic of Valla. 

Selena: When the magic of the stones increased, the magnitude of their effects grew as well.

Thalone: Exactly. When they grew stronger, they allowed for users to be transported across space and time. The Faceless that appeared in your time appeared there by chance. If one has a destination in mind, the stone will take them there, but if not, then the destination is random.

Laslow: Meaning they were dropped off at our home by randomness.

Thalone: In a nutshell, yes.

Odin: What peculiar inventions... 

Thalone: I hope they don't return anytime soon...

Lilith: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK-!!

Odin: That was Lilith!

Thalone: Lilith, are you alright?!

(The camera pans over to Lilith, who has been surrounded by Faceless.)

Thalone: They appeared so suddenly, and they're holding those blue stones... It seems as if the Faceless we were just discussing have returned...

Selena: Looks like they came back. Speak of the devil.

Thalone: Lilith, do you have the dragonstone?!

Lilith: Yes! 

Laslow: Let's dispose of these things! If they decided to come back, they must want a sound thrashing!

Odin: Allow me to show the true power of Owai--erm, Odin Dark!

(The battle begins. It is a rout mission in which the player must defeat each Faceless on the map.)

(After the battle, Selena, Laslow, Odin, Thalone, and Lilith stand together.)

Thalone: That's the last of them...

Selena: They left these stones behind though... Do you think we'd be able to take them without being transported?

Thalone: If you don't touch them directly with your hands, it should be alright... 

Odin: This means we will have the power to return to our home realm whenever we wish.

Laslow: That's a relief to hear...

Lilith: Be careful with collecting them...

Selena: Okay. Done.

Thalone: There's no reason for us to linger around here further. Let's head into Nohr.

Lilith: The palace awaits us, and so does Cerulean... 

Odin: The time has come for us to meet yet another royal in our quest.

Selena: Yeah... I'm sick of Valla anyways. I've seen enough destruction to last a lifetime.

Thalone: In that case, let's climb out of Valla and begin our journey towards the palace. It's a long way to Castle Krakenburg, and we shouldn't wait much longer should anything happen to Cerulean.

Lilith: Things should get easier from here on out... I hope, anyways.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Two chapters in a day? I'm a certified mad lad now

-Digital