Hibernation (Part 1)

Peter sluggishly hauled himself out of bed, more exhausted than ever before. The reason why? Today was the coldest day of the year, and unfortunately for our dear little Peter,  he discovered he has gained some spider traits. "Peter?" Aunt Mary May yelled from the kitchen. "I'm about to leave but I don't want you walking to school today. So I called Tony Stark and he sent someone named 'Happy' to take you to school!"

"Okay Aunt May. Stay safe! I larb you!" He called back.

"I larb you too Peter!" With that he heard the front door close and let put a deep and tired sigh. He slowly got ready and walked outside into the cold air, a wave of drowsiness instantly overtaking him. Unsurprisingly, Happy was already stood outside, next to the limo.

"What took you so long, kid?" Happy asked in an ironically unhappy tone. He was looking at his phone instead of Peter, not noticing his work out appearance

"I was getting ready." Peter slurred, instantly causing Happy to snap his attention to Peter. Happy furrowed his eyebrows slightly, hidden worry coursing through his veins.

"You feeling alright kid? You look like sh-crap." Happy quickly stopped himself from swearing. "You can just take the day off if you want?"

"It's fine Happy." Peter reassured, although he was still slurring. "It's not worth missing a day of school." Happy rolled his eyes at that but complied anyway.

Time Skip, Time Skip, does whatever a time skip does!

Peter dragged himself into school. Midtown is a school that does not have a heater. It has an air conditioner that they are unable to turn off, so Peter felt like he was about to pass out. "Penis Parker has arrived everybody!" Flash jibed pointing his finger at Peter obnoxiously. Peter, who was too tired to realize someone was talking to him, ignored Flash and opened his locker.

"Hey Peter!" Ned exclaimed, causing Peter to jump.

"Since when were you standing there...?" Peter asked no one in particular. Ned furrowed his eyebrows.

"Peter? You're not looking too hot." Ned pointed out.

"Ha! I get it! Because it's really cold!" Peter laughed drunkenly. He was starting to feel loopy. "You're so funny Ned!" With that he trudged to Calculus with a confused and concerned Ned closely behind him.

"Sup losers." MJ said once they entered the classroom, not looking up from her book.

"Why do you call us that? I win a lot, thank you very much!" Peter stated as he stumbled into class. MJ looked up, her eyebrow raised.

"Did you get drunk on your way to school?" She asked him. He shook his head.

"MJ! That's illegal! I don't do illegal stuff! Well except for being Sp--" He nearly finished before Ned slapped a hand over his mouth. Ned dragged him to his seat. When class had started Ned turned to Peter.

"Is it an off day?" He asked Peter. He was referring to the days where Peter has a sensory overload, migraine, or injury that hasn't fully healed yet.

"Not yet. I might just turn off right now actually. Oh look, here I go." With that his head fell on the desk and his eyes shut.

"Peter!" Ned yelled, gaining the entire classes attention.

"Mr. Leeds. Could you nod yell in my classroom? And get Mr. Parker up before I give him a longer detention than he's already getting." Ms. Goldsberry said to Ned. Ned shook Peter roughly on the shoulders, not even getting a twitch out of his best friend.

"Ha! Penis is so lazy." Flash snorted. "Get up Parker!"

Not a stir.

"Mr. Parker!" Ms. Goldsberry screeched. When Peter gave no indication that he was awake she stomped over and pulled on Peter's ear. She paled when Peter didn't respond. "Mr. Thompson, go get the nurse!" Flash rushed out of the room.

Ned was on the verge of tears. His best friend who he's known for years was currently unresponsive, and Ned was completely useless in this situation.

MJ was confused. Peter Parker seemed weird, but perfectly fine in terms of health. Even if there was something off, wouldn't he have woken up by now?

"Oh my god!" Cindy screeched. "Oh my god! He's dead!"

Ned grabbed Peter's phone out of Peter's pocket. He frantically looked through the contacts, the most frequent one Peter has called is someone named Happy. He dialed the number and waited for a few seconds before the line was picked up. "Kid? Aren't you at school?"

"This is Peter's friend, Ned. Peter's unconscious and we can't get him up!" Ned yelled onto the phone, still trying to shake Peter awake.

"What?" Happy asked. "What do you mean you can't get him up?"

"He's not waking up!" Ned exclaimed, his voice shaky and emotion filled. "I-I don't know what to do!"

"Hey, breathe. Stay calm. I'll be there in ten minutes." Ned heard the sound of an engine starting up. "You need to calm down. Ned, was it? You need to be strong, Ned. For Peter."

"O-okay." Ned quickly took deep breaths, trying to calm himself down.

"Okay, Ned. I need you to explain to me what is happening." Happy told him. Happy would never tell anyone this, but Peter had a soft spot in his heart.

"W-well, Peter was acting weird and then he passed out, and we haven't been able to wake him up." Ned said through the phone.

"Hey, get up loser." MJ said, walking over and shaking Peter. MJ furrowed her brow when she got no response. "If this is an act I'm going to kill you."
She mumbled under her breath, loud enough so that Peter would be the only one who could hear. She frowned when she didn't get a response again.

"Okay, Ned. I'm almost there." Happy told Ned. "When I get there I'm going to take Peter to the tower, okay?" Ned took a shaky breath.

"O-okay. Thank you Mr. Happy." Ned stuttered before hanging up.

But as the A.C. became stronger and Peter's sleep became deeper, everyone, even Flash, was becoming concerned.

A/N:

I promised myself. I promised myself I would never wrote fanfiction. GODDAMNIT