Body Switch (Part 6)

The silence was deafening. Flash was waiting for them to say something, anything.

Surprisingly, Bruce burst into laughter. "I'm sorry, what?!" Bruce asked.

"Let me get this straight," Tony mumbled, crossing his arms. "You walk in here with a boy who has a badly hidden black eye, and claim you have switched bodies with him." He rose a brow. "Is this part of the prank war Clint declared yesterday?"

"No, it's real." Peter chuckled nervously. "I'm Peter, he's Flash."

Flash was irritated, Tony didn't believe them and Bruce was still fucking laughing.

Tony rubbed his chin. "That does make sense as to your behavior lately." Tony muttered. "I need proof."

"Do your worst." Peter smirked.

"So, 'Peter', what was the last thing you said to me before you died on Titan." Tony narrowed his eyes. Peter was mildly surprised, the subject of Titan was heavily avoided.

Bruce stopped laughing, curious as to how he would answer.

"Uh, was it 'I'm sorry'?" Peter asked.

"Yeah, and it made me feel like shit, thank you very much." Tony scoffed.

"Wait, this is actually happening?" Bruce asked, suddenly serious. "How the hell did you...?"

"I'd tell you if I knew." Flash shrugged. "I'm almost as confused as you are."

"How long has this been going on?" Tony asked.

"This is the second day." Peter held up two fingers. "We woke up in each other's bodies, and that was that."

"Oh, poor Wade." Tony snorted. "He was ranting earlier about how his boyfriend 'didn't love him anymore' and said something about brains on the ceiling." Tony shrugged, before realizing what Wade had meant. "Oh." Flash was horrified.

"What the heckity heck did you say to him?!" Peter yelled, putting his hands on his hips.

"Oh yeah, definitely Peter." Tony nodded.

"I have boundaries, okay?!" Flash held up his hands in a 'I surrender' fashion. Peter looked like he wanted to continue yelling, but took a deep breath instead.

"You, somehow, managed to swap your subconscious with this person who you obviously don't get along with." Bruce rubbed his chin. "Truly remarkable."

"I don't think that's the right word, how about...idiotic?" Tony rolled his eyes. "I bet Pete tried to practice his 'cool guy lean' on the wall and must've flipped something on accident."

"Is there a lever that if flipped has that result? And if so, who am I just now being told about this?" Bruce asked.

"Do you know how much of an inconvenience this has been?!" Flash exclaimed. "I hit myself in the face with a grown ass man!"

"Oh, I saw that video!" Bruce laughed. Tony snickered as he fist bumped Bruce.

"I know now that it wasn't Peter doing that, so now I can make fun of you?" Tony took a deep breath. "HA!"

"Okay, well, do you know how to fix this?" Peter asked, trying to change the subject to keep Flash at bay.

"Maybe we can get Loki to switch you back?" Bruce mumbled. "He's probably the cause of--oh..."

"What do you mean 'oh'?" Flash asked, running a hand through his, well, Peter's hair.

"I remember now." Bruce chuckled nervously. "We were celebrating Thor and Loki making up fully, and we got really drunk..."

"Oh yeah!" Tony exclaimed. "We somehow drifted to the topic of you! We asked how it was possible for you to not hate anyone! So..."

"Loki offered to make you switch bodies with the person you hated the most..." Bruce mumbled. "Excluding villains, of course. Then it would be obvious."

"So I guess our drunk asses agreed and...here we are." Tony shrugged.

"I knew you didn't like me but damn." Flash chuckled. "You hated me more than anyone you've ever met."

"Yeah, sorry. In my defense, we were enemies, not frenemies." Peter shrugged. He turned to Tony and Bruce. "Well, the solution to this is easy. We just find Loki and ask him to switch us back."

"Yeah, that's the thing..." Bruce laughed sheepishly. "...they went back to Asgard yesterday."

"They...went...back to..." Peter stammered. His eyes rolled back and he passed out on the floor.

"Is there a way we can get them back?!" Flash exclaimed, stepping foward.

"Thor and Loki come when they want to come." Tony shrugged. "You can't control gods, kid."

"Are we just not going to talk about how Peter passed out...?" Bruce mumbled.

"Can't you just say there's an emergency or something?!" Flash crossed his arms.

"Thor stopped answering our prayers." Tony shrugged.

"Then pray to Loki!" Flash yelled. Tony opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out. Bruce furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

Flash looked at them incredulously. "Don't tell me you've never thought of that." He sighed, exasperated when he got silence in response. "Oh my god."

"I guess we could try that?" Bruce looked at Tony for confirmation, who just shrugged.

Flash huffed and picked up Peter. "This loser still has to teach me about the suit, so good day gentlemen."

The scientists watched their retreating forms in silence. "So...on our knees?" Tony asked.

A/N:

I think we might be almost done with this series.

*

Darius: Tae hasn't shown up for work in three days...

Susie: Do you think something happened to him?

Kian: I hope not.

Asia: Um...did you accept any new applications?

Darius: A few, actually.

Avery: Oh, who?

Darius: Greg, submitted by AmethystHope7. Jaiden, submitted by Rainmarbow. Jack, submitted by Matieski. And finally, Emilia, submitted by justakuudere.

Min: Damn, four people.

Darius: Yup, I look foward to working with them.

Vine: I'm sure Tae will look foward to it too.

Everyone: ...