Reclaimed (Part 12)

Wow okay Reclaimed just go and steal the spot of longest series why don't you

Tony trembled in pain on the floor, his hands clenching the sides of his head. He couldn't tell how long he'd been in this position, Joshua staring down at him cruelly.

A small part of Tony was mortified that Joshua was seeing him so vulnerable, but that small part was overrun by the agony that overwhelmed him.

Tony opened his mouth to say something, but instead of words a whimper came out of his mouth.

Tony scowled at the sound, hating how small it sounded. "Oh, that was cute." Joshua cooed.

Tony weakly glared at the boy, hating him more than ever in this very moment.

"Fri...day..." He groaned quietly, making sure Joshua couldn't hear it. "A...alert the...Avengers." He grunted out.

Joshua picked up the last of that statement, quirking up a brow in amusement. "The heroes? They're not coming for you, Anthony." Joshua snorted. "I'm truly sorry, it's quite sad."

"G-Go fuck yours-self." Tony gasped out quickly. Joshua looked at him sadly.

---

Clint felt a buzz in his pocket. He looked down and saw Tony was calling him. He glanced at Natasha, who nodded to give him permission to answer.

"What is it, Tony? We're trying to buy diapers." Clint hissed.

It was code, in case someone was listening in on their conversation. In reality, he and Natasha were formulating a plan to find Benjamin.

"Master Stark is in dire need of assistance." Friday spoke through the phone.

"What happened?" Clint asked, sitting up. Natasha also sat up, recognizing the look on Clint's face.

"The chickens got into the house." Friday told him. "He needs your help to get them out."

That was also code. They used a different animal based on the severity of the situation.

Raccoons was if it was a soldier, and chickens if it was Joshua.

So, y'know, the surge of panic that went through him was justified. His eyes widened and he caught Natasha looking at him curiously.

"The chickens?" Clint asked breathlessly. Natasha's eyes widened. "You're sure?"

"Very sure, they're giving him a headache."

"We'll be right there."

---

Tony was writhing in pain, scratching at his head now. He was desperate to make it stop, he was giving Joshua a pleading look, which was looked at with pity.

"I hate to see you like this, Stark. It's truly awful to watch someone in so much pain." Joshua grimaced.

"A-And here I th-thought you were a s-s-sadist." Tony gritted out. "What with you trying to kill Clint. Then succeeding in killing Wanda."

"Those were quick, and the pain wasn't as intense." Joshua sighed. "I activated all of the pain receptors in your head. You're feeling the worst agony anyone will ever experience."

"Sh-Shouldn't I have, y'know, p-passed out?" Tony glared at him.

"I'm using my power to keep you awake. I was never one for torture, it's never been my favorite thing to watch." Joshua grimaced. "I lied to you before, this isn't the most intense pain. Your body probably couldn't handle that much pain for long."

"C-Could've...fooled me." Tony curled in on himself a little more.

Joshua snapped and Tony screamed as the worst pain he had ever felt was in his head.

He was hardly aware he was screaming, the pain making everything else fade away.

Joshua snapped again and the pain Tony had felt before was back.

Tony breathed heavily, thankful that it had stopped. The old level of pain felt pleasant in comparison to what he just experienced.

"See what I mean?" Joshua shrugged. "You couldn't handle that for too long."

Tony, the pain hardly affectionately him anymore, tried to stand up.

Joshua, seeing this attempt, narrowed his eyes and the pain Tony was feeling became a little more intense. Not the most he could feel, but enough to keep him down.

"Dad? I heard you screa--" Peter poked his head out from the corner. A look of horror overtook his face the second he took in the scene in front of him.

"Pete!" Tony shouted. "G-Get out of here!"

Before Joshua could do anything, Natasha had came in through the elevator and was pointing a gun at Joshua, Clint right behind her.

"Get out. Now." She hissed, standing in front of Clint protectively. Joshua noticed this and rose a brow.

He sighed and snapped his fingers, causing Tony to sigh in relief.

The pain had completely vanished, giving no indication that it was there in the first place. His relief was short lived, however, because he promptly passed out.

Joshua waved his hand and the gun came flying out of Natasha's hand. "Guns? Really?" He asked, unamused.

Natasha reached into her boot and grabbed another gun, which was also taken away by Joshua. She scowled, not bothering to take out another weapon.

"So, Hawkeye," Joshua hummed. Natasha stood a little more in front of Clint. "you never miss a shot, correct?"

"Right..." Clint muttered apprehensively.

Joshua threw Clint one of Natasha's guns. Joshua then went limp, and Clint's eyes burned bright red. "Perfect."

"Shit!" Natasha jumped back.

Clint looked down at the gun in his hand, and raised it up to point directly at Peter. "Never miss a shot, huh." He mused. "Let's test it." He shot, but missed as Peter had fled just in time.

Peter ran back into his room and locked the door.

"Huh, look at that, I missed." Clint murmured, looking at the gun. He threw it to the side and fell to the ground.

Joshua sat up, looking bored. "Well, it was worth a shot, I suppose." He shrugged, standing up. "I'll be off, then."

Natasha, who had knelt down next to Clint, glared at him. "You can't just leave."

"Watch me." Joshua smirked childishly. "Sleep." He walked out as Natasha fell onto her side, unconscious.

A/N:

This chapter is kinda boring ngl

*