This Is Why We Don't Lie

Requested by Barbemeli

Sorry if it doesn't meet your expectations.

The photo on the top is just for kick and giggles.

I tweaked a few minor details

I go a little OVERBOARD with requests so...

Also, this one is longer than usual.

Peter really didn't want to take his history test. He hasn't studied for it at all (surprisingly) and was guaranteed to fail. The subject was one they had been going over for weeks, but Peter just couldn't seem to grasp it.

Peter had thought of many ways to avoid taking the test. He could run away? His family would probably track him down though. He could fake his own death? That's a little extreme, actually. Plus, if he went with that option, he couldn't be Spiderman anymore...

Peter groaned as he slammed his history book against his head multiple times, trying to knock an idea into his head. Suddenly, as if God had spoken to him, he had an idea. It was risky, but could work if pulled correctly.

Peter put down the book and did some jumping jacks, push ups, and leg lifts. Why? To work up a sweat of course! If he worked up a sweat, he would seem warmer. Do you see where he's going with this? Peter then climbed into his bed, and pulled the covers over his sweaty body. Peter then groaned loudly, hoping he alerted somebody.

As if on cue, all of the Avengers (minus Nat, Bucky, and Clint, who were on a mission) rushed into his room. "Friday alerted us, you feeling okay?" Tony asked gently. Peter shook his head and pretended to cough.

"I think I'm coming down with something." Peter's acting was flawless. Tony sighed and whispered something to the rest of the Avengers.

"I'm going to go get the thermometer, okay? Be right back bud." Tony smiled and left the room.

"I'll go get a cold towel." Steve left as well.

"I'll go bake some cookies, I know how much you love those." Wanda winked at Peter and left to go bake.

"I'm going to call the school." Bruce, the sensible one, said as he vacated the room.

"Star Wars." Was all Sam said before he left with Vision (who wanted to make sure he didn't kill himself in the process of setting up a movie). Peter chuckled. This was almost too easy.

"MAN OF SPIDERS! I WILL FETCH YOU SOME OF THE FINEST REMIDIES FOR SICKNESS THAT EXIST IN ASGARD!" Thor boomed as he sprinted out of the room. That was a little worrisome, but it would probably be fine. Tony came back with the thermometer a few seconds later.

"Now you rest, bud. I'll be back in a few minutes to check your temperature. Right now, I'm going to go get some medicine." Tony said as he put the thermometer in Peter's mouth. He kissed Peter's forehead and walked out. Peter was panicking, his temperature was still normal! This could ruin his whole plan! Peter looked around the room for a solution to his problem. Peter's eyes landed on the lamp on his desk. Peter beamed and put the thermometer up to the lightbulb. After a few seconds, he heard the beep and stuck that baby right back in his mouth. A few moments later, Tony walked in. He took the thermometer out of Peter's mouth. "Jesus kid! 102.4! Yeah, no way you're going to school."

"B-But I have a test today!" Peter sat up quickly. "I can't miss it!" Peter felt a bit guilty for lying to Tony, but he couldn't go back now.

"The test can wait, right now you need to rest." Tony ruffled Peter's hair. Peter pretended to reluctantly agree and layed back down.