Reclaimed (Part 2)

Joshua was sitting in a chair, staring out the window. He was in a remote location that only he and his soldiers knew the whereabouts of. He had been spending the past few months building up an army.

He smirked. "It's almost time." He mumbled quietly to himself. He heard footsteps behind him. He sighed. "General Harrison." He greeted the former police officer coldly.

"With all due respect," Harrison began immediately. "It's been months, how long are we going to watch him?"

"Oh, Harry. Don't you ever learn?" Joshua chuckled. "You don't go hunting without learning about your prey first." He stood up out of his chair.

"Well, sir. I know for a fact that you are always correct. You are indeed the smartest and kindest person here."

"Tell me something I don't know." Joshua chuckled as he began pouring himself a glass of cranberry juice.

"But sir, we have been waiting too long to strike." Harrison furrowed his brow. Joshua's eyes turned red as he shot Harrison a cold look.

"I turned you from a coward into the general of the greatest army the world will ever know," Joshua chuckled harshly. "And in return, you question me?"

"No sir, everyone in the army loves you. Including myself! But, I just don't know if this plan will work."

"Doubt." Joshua scoffed. He paused and took a sip. "That's all you humans do. Doubt, doubt, doubt." He looked into the glass full of the red liquid. "It is in your nature, I suppose it can't be helped." There was a pause in the conversation.

"Uh, if you don't mind me asking, why do you like drinking cranberry juice?" Harrison asked.

"That stupid octopus made me under 21, so cranberry juice is the closest thing I have to wine." Joshua narrowed his eyes, which were fading back to their original color. "Now, prepare the soldiers. Soon, we're going hunting."

---

"Steve?" Bucky asked as he knocked on Cap's door. "Are you in there?"

There was silence before a faint mumble could be heard. "Yes, I'm here." Bucky walked into the room.

"Hey, bud. You okay?" Bucky asked. Steve was biting his nails and staring straight forward, not even sparing Bucky a glance. "Nightmares again?" Bucky asked, rubbing circles into Steve's back. Steve nodded slowly. "Are you sure you don't want to talk about them?"

"I hear him." Steve whispered. "He's in my head, every second of every day for three months."

"Who?" Bucky asked. Steve opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out.

"I haven't slept in...uh...about thirteen days now?" Steve mumbled. "I'm not sure, it's either thirteen or three. My thoughts have begun to jumble."

"Steve, you need to sleep." Bucky furrowed his brow.

"No, I can't. I'll see him. He always shows up in my dreams and he tortures me. He makes me watch you, and-and Sam, and Natasha, and Tony and the whole team. He makes me--" Steve's breath hitched.

"Steve, this isn't good for your mental health. You need to sleep. Please." Bucky practically begged. Steve bit his lip.

"I can't." Steve choked out. Bucky looked down, trying to make his tears go away.

"I'll come back tomorrow." Bucky whispered as he stood up. He closed the door on his way out.

"How is he?" Bucky turned around and saw Sam standing there.

"He told me more than usual." Bucky said. "He almost told me what his nightmares have been about."

"I hate to see him like this." Sam sighed. "The Steve I knew was strong, stoic, he practically oozed leadership." Sam told Bucky. "Not this shell of a man. When I find out who's doing this I will track them down and--"

"Uncle Sam, Uncle Bucky?"

"Hey Peter!" Sam quickly interrupted himself. Peter was standing there, his hands behind his back.

"What are you guys doing here?" Peter asked.

"Better question, what are you doing here?" Bucky asked as he crossed his arms.

"Well, I, um, made Uncle Steve cookies because he was feeling sad and cookies make everyone happy so I thought..." Peter showed the plate of cookies he was holding behind his back. "...y'know, maybe I could help cheer him up? Is that stupid?"

"No, not at all." Bucky smiled at Peter. "Why don't you give him the cookies, huh?" Peter beamed and bounced over to the door.

He gave three knocks. "Uncle Steve? It's me, Peter!" He exclaimed. There was silence on the other side. Peter knocked again. "Uncle Steve?"

The door burst open, and before anyone knew it, Steve was choking Peter against the wall.

"Steve!" Bucky yelled as he ran toward to try and pry him off.

"U-Uncle Steve--" Peter choked out as he thrashed against his right hold on his neck. Peter noticed that Steve's blue eyes were now a familiar shade of crimson.

His vision began to blur, as all sound began to muffle. He felt himself going limp. He could distantly here Bucky and Sam screaming his name. Peter felt his eyelids droop shut.

Suddenly, all pressure was removed from his neck. He took a deep breath as he coughed. He cracked his eyes open and saw Steve looking down at him, his eyes were blue again. His pupils were dilated as they stared down at Peter in horror.

Peter passed out shortly afterwards.

---

Peter awoke to arguing. He was in the med bay. He rubbed his neck, which had dark bruises on them. He cracked an eye open and saw Tony holding Steve by the collar, yelling at him. Steve was looking at the ground in shame.

Peter shifted his legs, which gained the attention of the two heroes. "Kid!" Tony yelled as he rushed over and embraced Peter.

"Mr. Stark?" Peter asked, his voice hoarse.

"I'm so sorry. I should've been there to protect you! If only I had gotten there sooner--" Tony rambled.

"I am so sorry." Steve whispered. Tony glared at him.

"Don't ever touch him again." Tony hissed. "Do you understand me?!" Steve looked down. "I said, do you understand me, Steve?!"

"Yes sir." Steve replied. Tony huffed as Steve exited the room.

A/N:

I'm actually really excited for this series--

*

Dominic: Hey.

Darius: Dominic? What are you doing here?

Dominic: Well, Susie has told me that you've been down lately. I didn't tell her I was doing this, but I wanted to see if you were okay.

Darius: Me? I'm fi--

Dominic: You like her, don't you?

Darius: ...What?

Dominic: I can see it. It's so obvious.

Darius: I...fine, yeah. I do. I'm sorry.

Dominic: Don't apologize for your feelings. Listen, I should be apologizing to you. I stole your dream girl.

Darius: She's happy with you. If she's happy, I'm happy.

Dominic: I am so sorry, but I can't just give her up. I really like her, and I don't want to hurt her. But, just in case, if Susie and I break up...you have my blessing to see if it'll work between you two.

Darius: Dominic...

Dominic: Now, don't think I'll let you swoop in and steal her from me. Just, I'm sorry for putting you in this situation.