Body Switch (Part 9)

Flash went back to the tower that day feeling like a huge weight was lifted off of his shoulders.

The second he stepped out of the elevator and into the common room, Peter was in his face.

"Flash! Why didn't you say anything about the guests?!" Peter screamed, getting spit all over Flash.

"Okay, calm down." Flash said, gently pushing Peter away. "What are you talking about?"

"I've had 12 people ask me about who is going to be the DJ," Peter began.

"Dillie Smith, she's amazing. You'd love her." Flash shrugged.

"Brad wants to know how much booze he should bring,"

"Oh, well he single handedly solved the booze problem, way to go Brad." Flash smirked.

"And everyone has been asking me about something called a 'hookah!'" Peter screamed, frantically running his hands through his hair.

Flash didn't respond to that one, just laughed.

"I'm freaking out, Flash!" Peter exclaimed.

"The hookah problem can be easily solved, I know a guy. Is that all?" Flash laughed. Peter sighed.

"All the caterers in town are apparently booked for the weekend." Peter huffed.

"All of them?" Flash asked, raising a brow. "That's impossible."

"All the ones on the list Tony gave me!" Peter picked a clipboard off of the coffee table and held it out to Flash.

"The list Tony gave you?" Flash mumbled, taking the clipboard.

"I didn't know who to call so I asked Tony for some recommendations." Peter huffed.

"Peter..." Flash sighed.

"What? Why did you sigh like a disappointed mother?"

"These all cost, like, 100K+." Flash shook his head, handing the clipboard back to Peter. "We can't afford any of these."

"What? How do you know?" Peter asked, looking over the clipboard.

"They book these places for the fanciest parties ever, my dad has probably hired several of these places at least once."

"Who do I hire, then?" Peter asked.

"I dunno, hire a wing place or something. No one cares, they'll either be drunk out of their minds or high as a kite." Flash snorted.

"What is a good wing place? Do you have any suggestions? Is there a phone number I have to call when I find one or--"

"Peter, breathe, relax. I can take care of it." Flash gave Peter a pat on the shoulder.

"Are you sure? I was the one who was supposed to take care of this party while I'm in your body--"

"Yes, I'm sure. It's only one thing, it'll take 5 minutes. Don't stress over it." Flash snorted.

"Okay," Peter took a deep breath. "okay. Sorry, this is harder than I thought it would be."

"I can tell." Flash chuckled.

"So how did the date with Wade go?" Peter asked, putting the clipboard down.

"Well, Wade is aware of our...situation." Flash shrugged. "I told him at the beginning, and then we spent the rest of the time talking about you."

"Me?" Peter asked. "Why?"

"Well when he realized that you were in my body, he started ranting about how you didn't deserve this, then that turned into him ranting about how perfect and amazing you are." Flash snorted.

"That...sounds like Wade, yeah." Peter nodded. "So now we just have to throw the party and wait until Monday."

"Then we go back to our normal lives and pretend this never happened." Flash finished.

"Yeah..." Peter mumbled. "Um, Flash--"

"Did you hear that?" Flash asked suddenly, looking slightly alarmed.

"No?" Peter tilted his head. "You're the one with the super hearing, remember?"

"It sounds like..." Flash began, when suddenly his eyes widened. "GET DOWN!"

Something came crashing through the window, knocking both of them to the floor.

Peter groaned, having felt it more than he usually would.

A low, menacing laugh rang through the air, sending shivers down Peter's spine.

He recognized that laugh.

"Is that--?!" Flash choked, scrambling away.

"Adrian?!" Peter exclaimed. "I thought you were in jail?!" Adrian took off his helmet, revealing a face Peter thought he would never see again.

"Who are you?" Adrian asked, circling around Peter like a Vulture. "Pedro's plus one?"

"Flash Thompson." Peter responded, suddenly incredibly aware of how vulnerable he was right now.

"Ohhh, I've heard Liz mention you once or twice." Toomes mused. "The rich boy, right? The DJ? The one who made a ruckus at my house?"

"Yes, sir." Peter looked down, knowing that Adrian could kill him with ease.

Toomes' expression turned into something that was in between a smile and a scowl. Like a barring of teeth.

"L-Leave him alone!" Flash exclaimed, and Peter had to commend him for his bravery. "This is between us, isn't it?"

Toomes shot his eyes over to Flash, who tensed immediately. "Ah, Parker. It's been quite awhile, hasn't it? Two years, if I remember correctly."

"What do you want?" Flash asked tightly.

"What do I want?" Adrian parroted, an unhinged look in his eyes. "What I want is my family back, but that isn't going to happen, is it?"

"So why are you here?" Flash continued, seeming to gain more confidence.

"I was thinking to myself the other day, y'know?" Adrien said, crouching down so he was on the same level as Flash.

"Oh?" Flash asked.

"I thought to myself 'what will be the first thing I do when I get out of here?' And only one thought came into mind."

"And what was that?" Flash asked, all former confidence draining away.

"I want to make sure I see the end of Peter Benjamin Parker." Adrian grinned cruelly.

A/N:

lowkey forgot updating this series was an option 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻

*