Isolation (Part 4)

Peter sighed as he stood, staring at one particular item in his closet. He hadn't donned the red and blue suit in more than a month now, he just felt that New York didn't need Spiderman.

He quickly realized he was wrong when he when he watched the news. He knew crime rates were going up, but he didn't know how badly he was needed.

There was a fire, resulting in 37 casualties. And it was his fault for not being there.

So now he stood, conflicted. Should he put on the suit? Should he hang up the webs for good? He quickly made up his mind. Queens needed him. They needed their friendly neighborhood Spiderman.

He quickly put on the suit and jumped out the window.

---

Peter forgot how good it felt to flip through the air.

He was just about to land on top of a building, when he passed a familiar red and black mercenary. "Spiderman...? Spiderman! Hey! Spidey! Wait up!" Deadpool yelled after him. Peter reluctantly stopped, cursing himself for forgetting about DP. "You're back! Wow, I missed you!" Deadpool exclaimed. "Oh, sorry, we've never met before. I'm Deadpool, I'm a big fan." He held his hand out for a handshake. Peter reached for it but Deadpool quickly retracted his hand. "Oh, sorry, I thought handshakes weren't cool enough for you so I..." Deadpool laughed awkwardly.

"Uh, Deadpool, right?" Peter asked. Deadpool squealed.

"Spiderman knows my name! Well, not my real name, oh shut up Yellow!" Deadpool hissed.

"Yellow...?" Peter asked.

"Oh, uh, Yellow is one of the boxes in my head." Deadpool tried to act nonchalant but was failing miserably.

"Okay...?" Spidey mumbled. "Well, I have patrol so--"

"Can I come with?! Pretty pretty please!" Deadpool begged. Peter snorted.

"Yeah, sure. I don't really care." Peter shrugged and shot a web. He turned to Deadpool, who seemed to be doing some sort of celebration dance. Deadpool saw Peter looking and quickly stopped. Peter cleared his throat to stop himself from laughing. "Hop on."

"Uh, what?" Deadpool asked.

"You wanna patrol, right? So hop on." Peter shrugged.

"Are you sure? Compared to me you're kinda...small--"

"Excuse me?!" Peter asked. "What did you just call me?!" Deadpool jumped.

"Uh, sorry. You're very average." Deadpool nodded. "But seriously, can you support my weight?"

"Are you kidding?! 'Can you support my weight?' I'll have you know, that I have super strength. So I can support your fat ass anyday." Peter grumbled. Deadpool squeaked and quickly hopped onto Peter's back. "Big fan, doesn't even know about my super strength." Peter grumbled. They began swinging. Deadpool immediately began screaming the second they took off.

"HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT!" Deadpool yelled, practically squeezing the life out of Peter.

"Fantastic, we got ourselves a screamer." Peter grumbled. Underneath the mask, his face became super red as he realized how dirty that would sound out of context.

Suddenly, Peter's spidey sense went off. He heard a scream and rushed towards the scene. Deadpool immediately began kissing the ground.

They had landed outside of a convenience store, which was currently being robbed. "Huh, that isn't very convenient." Peter commented. He opened the door and everyone inside froze.

"Spiderman...?"

"Yep."

"W-We thought you stopped crime fighting!"

"Well that was stupid of you."

"I-I earned this! You can't come back right when I thought I had scored the jackpot!"

"I just did, so I think I can."

The man aimed his gun at Peter. "I won't let you take this from me!"

"Oh no. He has a gun."

The man grabbed the cashier and aimed the gun at her head. "One more step...and I'll shoot!"

"Well that's rude."

"S-Save me Spiderman!" The cashier exclaimed.

"Yeah, sure, whatever." Peter shot a web and took the gun. "Ooh, this is nice."

"Hey! Give it back!"

"Why would I even consider doing that?"

"Because...uh...I'll give you money--"

"You're boring me." Peter shot a web at his mouth. "God, you voice is like nails on a chalkboard."

Deadpool shot the man in the leg. He released a muffled scream and fell to the floor. "Yay! I got him!"

"Oh. Nice." Peter shrugged. "And couldn't you have done that sooner?"

"Well I was too busy staring at your ass." Deadpool shrugged. "Oh, I...didn't mean to say that out loud..."

"Ew." Peter commented. He walked out of the store.

"What about the criminal?!" Deadpool yelled after Peter.

"Eh, he's the cop's problem now." Peter shrugged. Deadpool tilted his head.

"You seem more chill than you did before."

"I'm fucking tired." Peter shrugged. "Karen, scan for more crimes." Deadpool looked at him.

"Karen? Who's Karen? Do you have box on your head too?" Deadpool asked.

"There seems to be a mugging to blocks away." Karen informed Peter.

"Thank you~" Peter said as he shot a web. "C'mon, there's a mugging close by." Deadpool hopped on Peter's back and they went to stop the next crime.

A/N:

Bro idk where this series is going.

*

Susie: Huh? Who's that talking to Dominic?