A Lesson On Why One Should Never Plagiarize

Peter didn't expect much from his 2nd period.

His teacher was a middle aged man who was renown. He only started teaching there last year, and wasn't the most exciting.

His classmates were dull, not to be rude. He knew none of them, and he was pretty sure none of them knew each other. There were a majority that didn't pay attention, and he had to help.

So yeah, he wasn't expecting much from this class.

"For Friday," The teacher, Mr. Morrison said. "I want an essay about the differences between Greek mythology and African mythology. At least two pages."

Peter groaned internally, already aware that most in class had been paying attention, and were most definitely going to ask for his help.

As if on cue, one of his classmates walked over. He sighed in relief, only one."Hey Peter?" The guy,
Jayden, asked. "So...wanna work together for the essay?"

"I can just send you a copy of my essay, and you can take the differences and rewrite them." Peter said, not even looking up from his notebook. "This is the last time I'm doing this, okay? And don't tell anyone about this, I don't want you to get in trouble."

"Thank you~!" Jayden sing-songed. They walked out of class, leaving Peter to his lonesome. Peter sighed and packed his bags, getting ready to head to his 3rd period.

---

"Alright, I just need to send it to Jayden..." Peter mumbled. "And....done!" Peter chirped, a bright smile finding it's way to his face.

He closed his laptop, humming. He felt a buzz in his pocket, but ignored it. He was too tired for this.

---

Peter wasn't sure when he fell asleep. He groaned as he picked up his phone, going to check the time.

"Thank Peter for me!" Was the only notification present. He furrowed his brow, tapping on it. He unlocked his phone, and found himself in his 2nd period groupchat.

The message he read was from a girl in his class, Elise. He scrolled up, stopping when he saw where the messages started.

"Gabriel: do any of you know some differences between african and greek mytho??

Gabriel: i tried to take notes but there complete chicken scratch

Peter winced at the use of the wrong 'there' but continued anyways.

Paige: I was drawing in class, cant help

Elise: I was hoping I could get peter to help me but I forgot to ask ;-;

Jayden: if it isn't your lucky day ;)

Paige: oh dear god

Jayden: pete just sent me his essay

Jayden: said I could copy the basic points

Gabriel: would he be cool with us using it???

Jayden: totally

Jayden: im on the phone with his now

Jayden: he said it's cool

Jayden: [insert link here]

Paige: peter is a lifesaver :>

Elise: isnt peter usually against stuff like this tho?