Memories (USM) (Part 3)

Omg two USM oneshots in a row! How exciting.

Sam arrived exactly one minute late. He cursed himself. It wasn't THAT big of a deal but he said he promised himself that he would be there at 4:15 on the dot.

He walked into the cafe, and saw May sitting on the table. "Sorry that I'm late." He told her.

"Are you?" She looked at her watch. "Only by a minute. I arrived early anyways." She sighed. "What did you want to talk about?"

He sat down, taking a deep breath. "There was an accident." Sam grimaced. "While we were fighting Goblin."

"Is everyone okay?" May asked, concerned.

"Yeah, um, physically everyone is okay." Sam looked at his hands.

"Physically?" She asked. "Why only physically?"

"Well, while we fighting him," Sam looked up at her. "one of our members fell off of the building we were fighting on, and didn't wake up until a few days after."

"It was Peter, wasn't it?" She grimaced.

"How'd you know?" He asked.

"Parker Luck." She sighed. "Is he okay?" She asked tiredly.

"He hit his head pretty hard." Sam shook his head. "He lost all of his memories."

"What?" She breathed out. Sam winced at her heartbroken tone. "All of them? Are you sur--"

"He didn't remember his name." Sam told her. She looked away. "There's a chance he might get them back if we try and get him to remember. We've been working on that for that past week."

"Past week?! You mean to tell me my nephew's memories have been gone for a week and you're telling me now?!" She asked angrily.

"I'm sorry, we thought someone had already told you." Sam winced. "We'll do everything in our power to get his memories back."

"Please, bring my Peter back." She asked earnestly.

---

Someone knocked on Peter's door. "Hey Pete, can I come in?" Luke asked through the door.

"Yeah." Peter replied. Luke quietly entered.

"Hey buddy, how do you feel?" Luke asked gently.

"I feel fine, maybe a little dizzy but besides that I feel normal." He shrugged.

"Dizzy?" Luke asked. "Why do you feel dizzy?"

"I was up all night trying to remember something, anything. I didn't get any sleep." Peter grimaced.

"Right, what memory do you want to hear about yourself?" Luke asked. Peter tilted his head. "It'll serve as your bedtime story, now hop on that bed."

"Can...can you tell me about my parents?" Peter asked as he climbed into bed.

The subject of Peter's family was heavily avoided, they wanted him to learn about that after he got the rest of his memories back.

"That isn't a happy tale, it won't do well as a bedtime story." Luke told him calmly, tucking him in.

Peter frowned. He opened his mouth to protest, before closing it again with a sigh."...how about my school life?"

"Sure!" Luke smiled brightly. "Well, once upon a time there was a boy named Peter Parker, and he was the smartest in his grade. Hell, I think maybe the whole school!"

"Really?" Peter asked.

"Yes, really! But for some reason he wasn't allowed to skip grades so he was known as the nerdy kid." Luke hummed. "He was constantly picked on by this one kid, Flash Thompson."

There was no malice in his words when he said it, so a spark of confusion lit up in Peter.

"But Peter knew that if he didn't let Flash pick on him, he would move on to other people. So he just took it silently." Luke continued.

"Get out of the way, Puny Parker!"

"Puny Parker is Spiderman?! Seriously?!"

Peter hummed as these memories resurfaced. He remembered exactly who Flash was, but wasn't sure why he had a memory of Flash finding out he's Spiderman.

"Yeah, I remember."

Luke perked up. "That's great!"

"What even happened to Flash anyways?"

"Oh...you'll remember it eventually." Luke shrugged. "Anyways, he had two friends. Harry and MJ." He paused, searching Peter's face for a hint of recognition.

Peter stared back blankly, waiting for Luke to continue.

The look was so alien on Peter's face, Luke shuddered.

"They had been friends for years. Harry was the son of Norman Osborne, the owner of Oscorp, a huge business." Luke continued. "And MJ was really named Mary Jane, but MJ was shorter and more comfortable."

"Mary Jane..." Peter mumbled, feeling the way the name rolled off his tongue. It felt natural, like he had said it a million times. "Mary Jane Watson." He murmured.

Luke had a huge smile on his face. "Yes! Watson! She's a reporter!" He nodded eagerly.

"A reporter, the son of a millionaire, and a superhero. What a group." Peter hummed.

"Harry had to leave for a new school, so MJ and Peter hung out alone." Luke continued. "Then one day, there was a field trip to Oscorp."

"Harry's dad's buisness." Peter recounted.

"And Peter was having a blast. But, earlier that day an experiment escaped." Luke paused for dramatic effect. "They were radioactive spiders." Peter gasped.

"One found it's way to poor unsuspecting Peter, and it crawled on his skin." Luke studied Peter's expression for a hint if recollection. "It bit him, and then he freaked the hell out."

"Oh, yikes." Peter snorted.

"Since that day, Peter has never been the same. And that is the end of my tale." Luke hummed.

"What?! You're just going to leave it there?!" Peter exclaimed.

"You didn't ask about your superhero life, you asked about your school life." Luke shrugged. "Now get some rest, Pete. I don't want you passing out on us."

"Aye aye." Peter mumbled, adjusting himself slightly.

A/N:

I only have the weird poetry thing left in my drafts and it's not even close to ready 😔

*

Darius: Do you think we should go with blue for the wallpaper or yellow?

Kian: Why do you always design the backgrounds? Does it matter? No one's going to see it anyways.

Darius: I guess, but what if there's a scene that describes the room like in Bloodshed (Part 1)? The author gives no warnings for when she describes stuff, so I have to be prepared for anything!

Kian: I appreciate your determination.

Darius: I appreciate you as a person!

Kian: That escalated too fast for my liking and now I'm leaving.