The Staff Adventures (Part 5)

Susie was waiting for Min to come pick her up to take her skydiving. She had recently discovered that she was an adrenaline junky, and was forcing Min to take her everywhere. "She's late..." Susie mumbled, looking at the time on her phone.

Suddenly, a car horn was heard outside. Susie's face lit up as she walked outside.

She tilted her head as she realized that Min and Darius had the same car model, weird. She entered the car and was thoroughly surprised when Darius gave her a smile and a wave. "That explains it." Susie mumbled.

"Explains what?" Darius asked, tilting his head.

"Nevermind that, what are you doing here Darius?" Susie asked. Darius looked suprised.

"Min didn't tell you? She didn't want to go, so you get stuck with me instead." Darius beamed. Susie giggled at his giddy expression.

"Damn, I knew she was uncomfortable with all the stuff we've been doing." Susis tsked, buckling her seatbelt. Darius chuckled.

"Did you seriously get into the car, unaware of who was inside? What if I was a killer? A kidnapper?" Darius laughed slightly.

"Well you weren't." Susie shrugged, leaning back. Darius rose a brow, smirking slightly.

"You don't know that~!" He winked. Susie pretended to look petrified, before they both burst into laughter. Darius was still chuckling as he started the car.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Susie asked Darius. "Min was absolutely sure she wanted to ride those coasters with me and she ended up puking in a public bathroom."

"I'm absolutely sure." Darius smiled. "I've always wanted to do this, and this might've been my only opportunity."

"Well, I'm glad I don't have to do this alone." Susie giggled. "The thought of jumping out of a plane by myself freaks me out."

"Oh, come on. You're the biggest adrenaline junky I know." Darius rose a brow.

"Well, even junkies reach their limits." Susie shrugged, a small smiling on her face.

"I can't argue with that." Darius snorted. He sighed, before going quiet. Susie furrowed her brow.

"Something wrong?" Susie asked. Darius jumped.

"No, I'm fine." Darius laughed. "It's just that...nevermind, actually." Darius' grip on the steering wheel tightened, it was so minuscule that Susie almost didn't notice.

"Hey, don't be like that." Susie mumbled. "We're friends, aren't we?"

"Can I ask you something?" Darius asked quietly. Susie smiled slightly.

"Go for it!" She giggled. Darius bit his lip.

"Why do you put up with me?" He asked. Susie's smile melted away, surprise overtaking her features.

"What do you mean...?" She mumbled. "Why wouldn't I put up with you?"

"It's just that...every time we speak I always act so...weird." Darius sighed. "Honestly, why haven't you just cut ties?"

"Well, that's an easy question." Susie smiled. "When we first met, all that time ago. I felt alone. My parents had kicked me out, since they wanted me to go to college and not spend my time being someone else's slave."

"That's stupid." Darius shook his head. Susie chuckled.

"All my friends from high school, I don't even know, they just ditched me one day." Susie mumbled. "It seemed as if I should just end it all, make things easier on myself and everyone else."

She played with her fingers, letting her light hair fall in front of her face. "And then I met you. For once in my life, I felt like someone could accept me. Like someone actually cared that I was around. Remember how we used to sneak onto one of the sets to look at the lights?"

"Yeah, I miss that." Darius smiled.

"And then after Kian was accepted, everything just...changed." Susie looked out the window. "We went our separate ways. I figured you would ditch me now, since you had other people to talk to." Susie giggled. "Nope! You came to my office every day to give me a coffee."

"Yeah, and Diabolos kept asking why I was buying so much coffee. He was considering getting me into rehab for a coffee addiction."

"Seriously?" Susie laughed. She smiled, and tucked some hair behind her ear. "Thank you."

"For what?"

"For being there when I needed you." Susie looked down at her lap. Darius smiled.

"The pleasure is all mine." Darius chuckled. "I guess we both needed someone to talk to, huh?"

"What do you mean?"

"You needed a friend, and I needed a purpose."

"What?" Susie looked at him, only to find he was completely serious. "A purpose...to what?"

"To keep living." Darius smiled. "You were my purpose." He paused, before a look of shock came over his face. "Oh my god, that was the creepiest thing I've ever said. I am so sorry." Darius laughed nervously, making a left.

"I guess...in a way...you were my purpose too." Susie muttered, though it was loud in the car. Darius' eyes widened, but he didn't say anything. "Sorry, that IS really creepy."

"Well, it's less creepy now that we've both said it." Darius shrugged. "It evens out."

"I suppose it does." Susie smiled. The rest of the ride was spent in a comfortable silence, a smile present on both of their faces."

---

"Are you kidding me?!" Min yelled, gaining everyone's attention. "I just cleaned the floor!" She gestured to the coffee that Tae had spilled.

"I'm so sorry, Min." Tae said shakily. Min look up at him, noticing that tears were present in his eyes.

"Hey, are you okay?" Min asked. Tae tilted his head. "I'm asking as a coworker." She winked, causing Tae to roll his eyes. "Is something bothering you, Beanstalk?"

"Why are all your nicknames involving beans?" Vine asked.

"I don't even know at this point." Min shrugged. She turned back to Tae. "So, what's up?"

"Sorry, I have to go." Tae chuckled. Min tsked.

"Without helping me clean the coffee?" Min asked. Tae looked apologetic, but frantic. "Fine, get out of here."

Tae released a breath and frantically left the building.

"What's his deal?" Zana asked.

Min shrugged, asking herself the same question.

A/N:

I'm so tired--

*

Darius: skydiving is terrifying

Susie: agreed