Reclaimed (Part 6)

(So...there's blood in this chapter...yeah...)

Steve hadn't been allowed outside of his room after that incident. He wasn't allowed any visitors, just in case he might attack them. He was only allowed out for trips to the bathroom, nothing else.

Bucky delivered his food everyday, but he was seriously beginning to doubt that Steve ate any of it.

There was never a minute where Joshua wasn't speaking to him in his mind. Steve was constantly trying to keep Joshua from taking over his body.

One day, Tony had asked Bucky to visit him in the lab so he could add upgrades to his arm. Bucky had kindly asked Sam to go deliver Steve his food.

"Knock knock." Sam said as he knocked on Steve's door. It was silent before Steve's quiet reply was heard.

"Who's there?" Steve asked. Sam smirked playfully.

"Pork~" Sam sing-songed, holding the porkchop up. Steve chuckled quietly.

"Pork who?" Steve asked.

"Put a pork in it and open the door." Sam rolled his eyes. Steve opened the door.

"Where's Bucky?" Steve asked, a small smile on his face.

"Thanks Sam, I really appreciate it." Sam rolled his eyes. "Buck was busy, so you get me." Sam placed the porkchop on Steve's desk. He frowned when he saw other plates of untouched food on it. It was quickly replaced with a smile before Steve could notice, though. "So, how have you been since Tony put you on house arrest?"

"Awful." Steve grimaced, crossing his arms. "He's always in my head."

"Really? Is he listening right now?" Sam asked. Steve nodded. Sam smirked and promptly held up his middle finger. "Fuck you~!"

Steve's eyes flashed red for a second, before returning to blue. "Sam." Steve rolled his eyes.

"What? You can't convince me he doesn't deserve it." Sam winked. The two sat in comfortable silence, appreciating the other's company.

Steve knew his next question would disrupt the calm aura in the room, but asked it anyways. "So, have Bruce and Tony figured out who Joshua was talking about?"

Sam's smile evaporated. "No." He answered shortly. "They have no clue."

"You'll never figure it out~!" Joshua taunted from the inside of Steve's mind.

Steve frowned. "Whoever they are, we need them." Sam nodded in agreement, signing heavily.

The silence after that was tense, neither sure what to say. Sam looked back up to Steve, and snorted. He walked out for a second, before walking back in with Steve's razor. "Dude, you need a shave."

"I honestly don't trust myself to shave, my hands are shaky." Steve chuckled. Sam smirked.

"Well, why don't I do it?" Sam asked, holding up his other hand, which held shaving cream. Steve laughed slightly.

Sam began shaving Steve's beard, cracking jokes along the way. "Aaaaand, done!" Sam smiled smugly at his work. "Smooth as a baby's bottom." Steve cringed at the comparison.

Wanda knocked on the door, peering in. "Sam? Bucky was wondering where you--" In an instant, Steve had grabbed the razor out of Sam's hand and was running at Wanda.

"STEVE!" Sam yelled. Steve tackles Wanda, a smirk on his lips, his eyes vibrant red.

It all seemed to happen in slow motion, Sam was trying to run over, Wanda was trying to fight off Joshua with her own powers.