Reclaimed (Part 8)

Tony and Bruce had been trying to discover who Joshua was talking about for days now, Tony working way harder than Bruce was.

"Friday, play the footage back again." Tony mumbled.

"Sir, I reccomend you sleep--"

"I SAID," Tony sighed, rubbing his temple. "Play the footage back again." He looked to the screen. "Please."

For the 50th time that night, Tony rewatched the events of a few months prior. He had practically memorized everyone's view of the situation. He was currently watching the fight between Dr. Octopus and Rhodey.

"Tony?" A voice called from behind him. He turned around and saw Clint standing at the door. "Friday told me to come down here."

"Of course she did." Tony pinched the bridge of his nose. "It's nothing, I'm just trying to figure stuff out."

"Tony, you need to rest." Clint stepped closer. "You look like you haven't slept in days."

"I'm fine, just go to bed." Tony waved him off, turning back to the screen.

"Tony...it's 8 a.m." Clint mumbled.

"Is it?" Tony asked, yawning slightly. "My bad."

"Tony, you need to sleep. That clone can wait." Clint crossed his arms. "I know we aren't the closest of teammates, but I still care about you."

"Clone..." Tony mumbled, rubbing his eyes. "That's it!" He exclaimed, sitting straight up. "Clint, you're a genius!"

"That's a sentence I never thought I'd hear." Clint mumbled. "What did I do?"

"Joshua is unstoppable, right?" Tony exclaimed. "The only thing that can stop Joshua is himself!"

"So...we make another clone...?" Clint asked. "I'm not following..."

"The only way to stop Joshua, is with Joshua!" Tony laughed. "So we need Benjamin Miller!"

"Isn't he...dead?" Clint asked.

"I never told you?" Tony asked. "The hospital called a couple of weeks after the incident, saying he woke up."

"How is that even possible?" Clint tilted his head. Tony stood up, frantically pacing.

"I'm guessing that during Dr. Ock's attempts to stabilize the body, he somehow revived it." Tony responded. "I'm still baffled by it myself."

"So...we just have to find him." Clint shrugged.

"That's the hard part. We don't know where he is." Tony mumbled, beginning to stumble a little bit. Clint rushed foward as his knees buckled, saving him from face planting.

"Yeah, I think you need sleep." Clint chuckled quietly, Tony had already passed out.

---

"Have you found him yet?" Joshua asked, not even glancing at his general.

"No sir," Harrison mumbled. "We haven't been able to locate him."

"We don't have much time." Joshua snapped. "The fools actually managed to figure it out."

"If we weren't able to locate him, there's no chance they'll be able to--"

"Rule number one," Joshua hissed, interrupting Harrison. "Never underestimate the enemy. That's what you're teaching my soldiers, is it not?"

Harrison was silent, looking at the ground.

"They are smarter than you, stronger than you." Joshua continued. "We only have the advantage in numbers."

"I'm sorry, sir." Harrison mumbled.

"Double the search team." Joshua ordered. "We can't afford to lose him."

---

They had Bucky strapped to a chair in an interrogation room. He hadn't moved, he hadn't eaten. It seems his body was trying to starve him to death.

Bucky was fighting fiercely against his own mind, to no avail.

"If he continues to not eat," Bruce mumbled. "We might have to put him into a medically induced coma, give him a feeding tube."

"I'll make that bastard pay." Sam clenched his fists. "No one hurts my friends and gets away with it." He sighed, and left the interrogation room with Bruce.

"What are we going to do?" Bruce asked him. Sam sighed heavily, getting into the elevator.

"I don't know." Sam shrugged, looking at Bruce. "Friday, take us to the common room."

The doors opened to the common, and the two found their way to the couch. They sat there in silence, both relishing in the moment to breathe.

Clint came out of the elevator, supporting an unconscious Tony. "Bruce!" Clint yelled. Bruce sat up, alarmed.

"What happened?!" He asked, rushing over.

"I'm a genius!" Clint exclaimed.

"Wh...what?" Bruce asked.

"I know!" Clint laughed. "Tony figured out who Joshua was talking about!" Clint squealed.

"What?!" Sam asked, standing up.

"I know the basis of what he said, but I kinda tuned out after it was confirmed." Clint walked over to the couch, resting Tony on it. "Let's wait until he wakes up to explain it."

Suddenly, Peter came crashing into the room, literally.

---

Peter was doing his patrol, something to get his mind off things. No one had really paid him any mind, which was understandable.

"Help!" Someone screamed nearby. Peter instinctively began swinging towards the sound.

A woman was standing in the alley, all by herself. "Are you okay?!" Peter asked her. She smirked.

"Never better." Peter paled as her eyes began to glow.

Peter was terrified as she began to float, her expression becoming more wicked. "What the hell? They can fly now?"

"Parapsychology, or telekinesis." She smirked. "The ability to move objects at will. Joshua has always had this power." She flew closer.

Peter jumped away as she pounced.

Peter recognized this woman. Emma Boatwright, she went missing a few months ago.

It turned into Peter being chased by Emma. Peter had always wonder what it was like to be on the receiving end of a chase, now he knew.

Peter felt her tackle him, sending them both crashing into a window in the tower.

"Peter?!" Sam yelled.

Peter didn't respond as he wrestled with Emma on the floor. She had him pinned.

Sam rushed over and put her in a sleeper hold.

After a few minutes, her eyes rolled back and she went limp. Sam released her and took a deep breath. "I thought you weren't allowed outside?"

"Whoops?" Peter shrugged.

A/N:

Lowkey wanna make a book where you decide what happens. Like a game.

*

Darius: So...we're going swimming with sharks?

Susie: Yup!

Darius: Cool! When?

Susie: Does tomorrow work?

Darius: Tomorrow's fine.