Isolation (Part 5)

Spiderman and Deadpool were doing their nightly rounds. It had sorta become their routine now. Deadpool got to hang out with his hero, and Spiderman could try to figure out his feelings for him.

Peter had been confused lately about how he felt towards Deadpool. Ever since the macaroni incident, he had started to notice little details about the mercenary.

Like how Peter could practically sense the excitement radiating off of Deadpool when they got close to a Mexican restaurant, or how when they played games at the tower, he pretended not to know how so Peter could win.

Just because he noticed things like that, doesn't mean he's in love with him...right?

Peter also felt confused about the way he felt towards Wade Wilson. Ever since that whole time in the cafeteria, he had found himself checking on Wade regularly to make sure he wouldn't combust. During this process, he began to notice Wade's quirks.

Like how now and again he would make a face of frustration. (maybe he remembered something aggravating?) Or how when he's doing classwork, he sticks his tongue out slightly. Or when he thinks no one's watching, he'll wink at thin air (which is kinda weird).

Peter didn't know which one he had feelings for, and honestly was fine with either.

"Spidey?" Peter looked over and saw Deadpool looking at him expectantly.

"What's up?" Spiderman asked.

"Well, I'm not sure how to say this, but there's a giant bird coming our way." Deadpool pointed behind them, Peter paled.

"Get down!" Spidey yelled and crouched. Deadpool didn't process this information fast enough and received a bullet to the head. "NO!" Spidey screamed, rushing over. "Oh my god, oh my god." Spidey looked over Deadpool's currently limp body.

"Hello again, Spiderman." Adrian spat. "Or should I say, Peter Parker?"

"YOU JUST KILLED DEADPOOL!" Spidey screamed, desperately trying to cover up the gunshot wound with his hands. "I'm so sorry, oh my god."

Adrian threw his head back and laughed. "Yes, I did, and there's nothing you can do about it--"

Deadpool groaned as the hole in his head began closing up. "Fuck...this..." He groaned. Peter gasped so hard he almost began coughing.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" Peter yelled. He scrambled away from Deadpool. "HE'S A FUCKING ZOMBIE! ADRIAN, SHOOT HIM AGAIN!"

Adrian, who was also frightened, obeyed and sent another bullet through Deadpool's head. Deadpool flopped on the ground.

Peter put his hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath. "I...probably shouldn't have done that..."

"Ha, Peter. Sending the kill on your own friend? Despicable." Adrian laughed.

"Me." Peter added.

"...what...?"

"Despicable Me." Peter shrugged. Adrian landed, processing for a moment.

"Oh...my god." He took off his helmet and pinched the bridge of his nose. "I was trying to me intimidating and you just..."

"Was it not the time?"

"I literally just killed your friend." Adrian said, gesturing to Deadpool, who's head was beginning to heal.

"Yep." Peter nodded. Peter realized what Adrian said. "OH MY GOD DEADPOOL!" Peter screamed rushing back over to Deadpool.

"Y'know what, I'm just gonna go. You seem to be dealing with some right now." Adrian sighed. He flew away.

Deadpool groaned as the hole healed. Peter jumped. "Ow...." Deadpool sat up, rubbing his head. "Son of a bitch, dude."

"Thank god!" Spiderman sighed. He slapped Deadpool. "Don't ever do that again."

"Wha--" Before Deadpool could get another word out, he was caught in a tight embrace by Spiderman.

"I thought you were dead!" Spidey exclaimed.

"The chances of that happening are very slim." Deadpool said, awkwardly patting Spidey's back. "My powers prevent me from dying, regeneration is very useful."

"You have regeneration powers?! Why didn't you tell me?!" Spidey exclaimed, pulling away.

"It never came up." Deadpool shrugged. Spiderman's eye twitched.

"A little heads up would've been nice." Spiderman pouted. "You scared me."

"Aww, you DO care about me!" Deadpool grinned. Spidey rolled his eyes.

"Whatever, I'm sure Peter would be sad if you died."

"You know Petey?" Deadpool asked, excited. Spidey chuckled.

"We're good friends." Spidey smiled softly.

"Well, tell him not to worry! I've experienced what Death is like, and I'm pretty sure she has a crush on me, so I've got a long road ahead of me."

"What do you..." Spidey trailed off as Deadpool ran off.

---

"Hey, Wade?" Peter asked his friend the next day. Wade looked over to him, a small confused smile on his face. "What do you think happens after we die?"

"...uh..." Wade mumbled intelligently. "...why...why are you asking...?"

"Sorry, that was random." Peter snorted and shook his head. Wade furrowed his eyebrows.

"Are...you okay...?" Wade asked. Peter sighed and nodded.

"I've just been thinking." Peter looked down. Wade bit his lip.

"Well...I'd say that after we die...we either get sent to Heaven or Hell based on our actions in our lifetime." Wade said cautiously. "Personally, I'd like to see Heaven...even for a little bit..."

"Wade..."

"N-Not that I want to die or anything like that!" Wade laughed nervously. "It's just that...I want to see what eternal peace really looks like, y'know?"

"Do you think my parents are up there?" Peter asked, resting his head on his hand. Wade nearly choked on his sandwich.

"What?" Wade asked.

"Sorry, that was a weird question to ask." Peter chuckled. "Thanks, Wade. Somehow, that made me feel better."

"Glad to be of service." Wade smiled at Peter. When Wade smiled, Peter felt something in his chest.

His heart skipped a beat, he stopped breathing for a moment. "...am I having a heart attack...?"

"What was that?" Wade asked.

"Nothing, nothing." Peter shook his head. "Do you wanna grab a coffee later?" Peter asked. Wade smiled softly.

"I'd like that."

A/N:

Is it obvious that I don't know where I'm going with this?

*

Min: Hey...I heard you broke up with Dominic...

Susie: Yeah...

Min: Well, I have just the thing to get your mind off it!

Susie: Yeah?

Min: Yep, follow me!