The Staff Adventures (Episode 6)

"Would it be weird if the roles...reversed?"

Darius stared at Susie blankly, before his brain suddenly went into overdrive. "Whattheactualheckdoesthatmean" He thought to himself in a blind panic.

"Huh?" He mumbled intelligently. Susie turned bright red, beginning to fully realize what she just said.

"Oh my god. Oh my god. I'm sorry--just forget I said anything." She shoved her face into her hands. "Sorry--I--wow did I really just--?"

Darius also turned red, Susie's words finally sinking in. "Oh wow." He mumbled, fanning himself.

"Yeah..." She chuckled nervously. "I'm so sorry--"

"I don't think it would be weird." He mumbled, slightly pink.

The truth was that Darius hadn't REALLY gotten over Susie. He had just convinced himself he had.

"...oh." She responded, somehow turning even redder. "...really? How about...would it be weird if...we started dating...?"

"I mean, why would it be weird?" He asked quietly. "Essentially the change isn't that noticeable..."

"It would just be the same as before." She muttered.

"Everything would be the same...but everything would be different."

"The only difference is that I could hold your hand." Susie giggled. "And cuddle you every night."

"We could go to the movies."

"Or a restaurant."

"Or the park."

"And it would always end with...a kiss..."

And suddenly her lips were on his.

Darius released a surprised yelp, but quickly melted into it. It was electric, their lips moved in sync. She grabbed his shoulder, kissing him harder. Darius was a gentle spirit, so he was having trouble keeping up.

Suddenly, Susie reached for his shirt. Darius swiftly pulled away. "Susie! We're at the park!" Darius exclaimed, red in the face. She giggled, putting her arms around his neck.

"Fine." She smiled and kissed him again, this one being more gentle and less hungry.

---

Min was startled awake by a call from Susie at three in the morning. She groaned and grabbed her phone. She answered. "Hello--"

"OhmygodMinIkissedhim!" Susie rushed out loudly. Susie squealed, causing Min to wince.

"Slow down, I can't understand a fucking word that's coming out of your mouth." She grumbled, rubbing her eyes tiredly.

"I kissed him!" Susie repeated.

"...you what?"

"It was so...so..." Susie sighed. "Perfect."

"It's only been a few months since you left Dominic, Susie." Min said.

"And?" Susie asked.

"Is Darius just a rebound?"

"Wha--no! Of course not!" She exclaimed.

"I would hope not." Min sighed. "Darius is a great guy, Susie. I don't want to see him get hurt."

"He's not a rebound, Min." Susie told her firmly. "I swear on my life."

"Let's hope you don't lose it soon." Min sighed. "Well, I'm going back to sleep. You should too."

"Oh shoot! I didn't even check the time!" Susie exclaimed. "Sorry Min!"

"Go to bed." Min sighed, hanging up.

---

"Hey..." Kian mumbled, taking a seat next to Tae.

"Oh, hey Kian." He mumbled. "What's up?" He asked them, a casual smile on his face. Kian pursed their lips.

"Do want to talk?" They asked. Tae sighed.

"Yeah..." Tae mumbled, the smile fading off of his face. "I know I've been...weird lately..."

"Is everything okay?" Kian asked.

"It's just...I can't afford my mom's medical bills anymore." Tae sighed. "They're pulling the plug next week."

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." Kian furrowed their eyebrows. "I myself can't help you financially, but I'm sure if you asked Darius for a raise--"

"But then everyone will be asking for a raise." Tae sighed. "There's no way I can get the money in a week anyways. Thanks anyways." Tae got up and went back to building the fourth wall.

Kian sighed, watching him leave. They were completely oblivious to Min, who was listening from not too far away.

---

"Kian!" Tae shouted the next day, rushing over to them. "I don't know what happened but a HUGE amount of money showed up at my door!"

"What?!" Kian exclaimed, slightly concerned. "Is it enough to...?"

"It's more than enough!" Tae exclaimed, wiping some happy tears away. "It's a miracle!"

"A sketchy miracle." Kian murmured, but smiled none the less.

A little bit away, Min smiled to herself.

---

"I have to say, you're plan worked." Vine congratulated Jack. Word had spread about Darius and Susie. Jack smirked.

"Of course it did." Jack scoffed. "My plans are always full proof." Vine snorted.

"I doubt that for some reason."

"Rude." Jack scoffed. "Now, we have a new mission."

"What?" Vine asked. "What do you mean?" Jack gestured over to Min, was teasing Tae. Tae didn't look all that bothered, it seemed more like childish banter than fighting.

"They obviously have a thing for each other." Jack rolled his eyes. Vine guffawed.

"I'm pretty sure they hate each other." Vine wiped a tear from laughing too hard.

"It may appear that way on the surface." Jack smirked. "But look closely, look at the expression on Tae's face."

Vine reluctantly examined Tae further, his eyes widening. "He's...smiling?"

It was very small, hardly noticeable, but Tae was smiling fondly at Min.

"Now look at Min."

Vine turned his attention over to Min.

She was pink, though you couldn't tell if you weren't looking for it. Her face was redder than the rest of her skin. "Oh, I see it now."

"We have a mission!" Jack announced. "For this one, we'll need the help of Susie and Darius!"

A/N:

I was very happy writing this chapter. I've been in a slump lately lmao.

*

Richard: So...

Darius: So...?

Richard: Did you guys...y'know...*thrusts hips*

Darius: What...?

Richard: Y'know, *unbuttons top button of shirt*

Darius: ???

Richard: Eh, forget it. If you had you'd know what I'm talking about.