Falling, Sinking, Drowning

Falling, sinking, drowning. He was a a brilliant red drowning in a sea of blues and purples. He was a rose being trampled under the hooves of a stampede of horses.

Or in this case, he was a boy lost in the crowd at school.

Ah, school. The place where no one cared and the people that did are too afraid to say it. The place where you can be on top of the world at one minute and the next you're nothing more than a piece of fabric on the curtain of Broadway.

People shuffled by, fast. The sea of people was constantly moving foward, no going back. It was the last day of school. Everyone wanted out of their own personal hell.

He escaped the cacophony of sweat and hormones and glided into an alley. There he could show his true colors. Where he could be the real him.

He proudly donned the red and blue, as clashy as it was. He took pride in the suit that was intricately woven by his father.

As it washed over his face, a string of white pulled him into the sky. For a brief moment he could see New York for all of it's beauty. He felt free. He felt beautiful. He felt like him.

Then he was falling, sinking, drowning. Right before he could hit the pavement he was thrust into the air again. He span and he flipped as he soared, no destination in mind.

A distant cry for help beckoned him. He answered, seeming as if he was flying as he went.

Five foot tall, caucasian male. The most important feature though, was the gun being pointed at the other man in the alley.

A joke, then a quip, then the man was against the wall. The white string expanded, incasing him in his own cocoon. Not a chrysalis, the foul are not butterflies, but moths.

The red and blue flashes of light along with an ear piercing sound grew closer. That was his cue. He flew up again and went in search of the next blade of grass calling out to him, waiting to be cut.

All throughout the night he acted as their hero. Their savior in their time of need. He swung through the night sky, landing on a building. The building he chose was where he was about to visit an angel. The light to his darkness. The day to his night.

She opened her window and allowed him access into her homestead. They conversed for hours, though it felt like two minutes. A kiss, the he had to go. He flew yet again, hoping to return to that alley where his journey of the night began.

A scream, then another, then many. His attention shifted. He caught the sight of a tower, not the tower that was the residence of the world's guardian angels, a random business tower.

The tower had erupted into a brilliant red and orange light. He ran to it, like a bug attracted to a lamp. The familiar red and blue lights from before were also there. He jumped into the light, to see if there were people trapped behind it.

A child, an old woman, and a young man. He rescued them all. As he lowered the last down onto the streets below, he felt the floor he was on begin falling, sinking, drowning.

It was at that moment he realized, he was their savior, but who was his? The sea of red and orange light began to become hot as he grew closer. He closed his eyes, ready for it all to be over.

A flash of red and gold grabbed him and returned him to safety. A lecture, kind words, an embrace, and the red and gold savior was gone.

He had decided to call it a night, and returned to that alley where it all began. He was ready to do the same thing the next day.

A/N:

This is short--

*

Darius: Okay, we have our first accepted application!

Susie: Ooh! Who is it?

Darius: Lynniax submitted their OC, Kian! Congrats!

Susie: I'm glad you have someone to help you finally! You've been overworking yourself since day one.

Darius: I wasn't working THAT hard.

Susie: You were up till 7 am everyday!

Darius: I just wasn't tired that day.

Susie: You were holding therapy sessions every hour!

Darius: People needed my help.

Susie: You passed out once while rebuilding the fourth wall!

Darius: See, I don't even have recollection of that.

Susie: Just, don't hurt yourself. Okay?

Darius: *blushes* O-Okay.