Reclaimed (Part 3)

(This one's a bit longer.)

It had been a couple of weeks since the whole incident with Steve had happened.

Tony had calmed down, but still wouldn't allow Steve anywhere near Peter. Albeit, he had good reason. Despite Peter's protests, he wasn't even allowed to be in the same room as Steve.

Bruce, Bucky, Sam, and Natasha had begun trying to figure out what was wrong with Steve. He had completely isolated himself after he nearly killed Peter. Not even Bucky was allowed in.  "Steve, please. I'm positive Peter has forgiven you." Bucky begged from outside Steve's door.

"What I did was unforgivable. I don't deserve his forgiveness." Steve mumbled from the other side.

"Steve, please, it's been weeks! Have you even be eating?!" Sam yelled.

"I don't deserve to eat." Steve muttered, beginning to cry. "Stark is right in protecting him from a monster like me."

"Steve, we love you." Bruce frowned. "Stark is just protecting his son, he'll come around."

"You don't understand." Steve sniffled. "You didn't feel his neck in your hands, you didn't see the terror in his eyes." Steve began to sob quietly.

"Steve, what happened was most likely you hallucinating from lack of sleep. You didn't mean to hurt Peter, we know that." Bruce told him gently.

"Yes you did." The voice that had been in Steve's head for the past few months told him. "You enjoyed the power you felt in that moment. Watching the light leave his eyes, watching his energy fade."

"Shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up!" Steve whispered, gripping his hair.

"You know I'm right~"

"SHUT UP!" Steve cried.

"Steve?" Natasha called. "Is everything okay in there?"

"Wouldn't it be nice to experience that power again?"

"No." Steve glared at the space in front of him.

"Why should we stop at strangulation? Why not just take a knife?"

"No!" He rose his voice.

"Don't you want to experience that feeling? Peter's warm blood on your hands? His innards strewn across the floor?"

"NO!" Steve screamed. The voice laughed.

"Steve?!" Bucky knocked on the door urgently.

"I will never submit to you." Steve hissed.

"Never say never, Captain America." Steve could practically hear the smirk in his voice. He laughed again, before his laughter faded away. Steve felt his energy leave as he collapsed, asleep.

It was at that moment that Sam, Nat, Bucky, and Bruce bust open the door.

---

Joshua stood before Steve. "Oh? It seems you've finally submitted to sleep, Captain."

Steve was bound to a chair with hot, metal chains. He knew he was dreaming, but that didn't make the pain go away. He glared at the boy in front of him. "Get the fuck out of my head." Joshua glanced at him.

"I'm truly sorry that it was this method I chose in order to kill that stupid spider." Joshua lifted up Steve's chin. Steve scowled. "I figured it would be a challenge to break the insides of the mighty Captain America's mind. It appears I was wrong." Joshua released Steve from his chains. "Now, shall we begin?"