Villain

Toomes was sitting in his cell, thinking about everything he'd done. Was it really worth it? Why hadn't he just accepted losing his job and looked for another? He was stupid. So stupid. Yet he still believed that he was right.

Because in the end, the villain always thinks they were doing the right thing.

A/N: This one's short, but it's kinda a sign of how stupid it is to make the antagonist always like: I AM EVIL! MWAHAHAHAHA! EVIL ALWAYS WINS!

Thinking logically, it makes no sense for someone to say something like this. Why would you be proud of being like that? Evil often comes from ignorance.

So here's my writing tip: If you want an interesting villain, don't stick to stereotypes.

Writers often stick to cliches. Here's an example. In My Hero Academia, The Leage of Villains was a thing. Who would want to put on the title of villain? Shit, my weeb side is showing.

If I ever write something too cliche, please let me know! I hate sticking to stereotypes. That's why it physically pains me to write certain oneshots. Don't expect me to write some "He was about to die, but the power of love didn't let him!" bullshit. When people die, they die. Plain and simple. Unless the plot prevents it, I will not hesitate to kill off a main character.

Sorry, I'm ranting now.

*