Replaced (Part 2)

(There's gonna be a part three :/)

"Let's go back home, Peter. We can ask our parents if we can have a sleep over, so you won't be alone!" Ned offered. Peter nodded and pulled away from MJ. She stood up and offered him a hand, which he took and stood up.

Ned and MJ formed some kind of protective huddle around Peter as they walked down the street. They glared at anyone who dared to glance their way. They arrived back at Peter's house. Peter was a lot calmer than he was an hour ago. He stopped crying and asked if his friends wanted to watch a movie.

---

Pepper was beyond furious when she heard what Tony had done. Happy had told her before he left the building. So now she was standing in the elevator, waiting for the doors to open and reveal her fiance. The doors finally opened. "Anthony Edward Stark." Pepper growled as she stepped out of the elevator. Tony turned toward her.

"Hey baby!"

"Don't you 'hey baby' me! What have you done?!" She marched foward. "You fired Peter?!"

"You betcha! Finally got rid of that annoying ass kid." Tony smiled. "Joshua is way better!"

"What happened to the Tony Stark that loved Peter like a son? What happened to him?" Pepper put her hands on her hips. "Peter meant everything to you! Don't you remember? Tony, you sobbed for hours when you came back from Titan. You kept on mumbling about how you lost your son. You worked non-stop to bring him back. And now you're acting like he meant nothing to you?"

"He did! But Joshua here has shown me that he is so much better than Peter." Tony placed a hand on Joshua's shoulder.

"Cut the crap, Stark." Pepper rolled her eyes. "You loved Peter. Heck, maybe even more than me!"

"Babe, you have to face the truth--"

"No Tony, you have to open your eyes. I thought you were better than this." Pepper shook her head. "I thought wrong, I suppose." She walked foward and placed something in Tony's hand. "You can give me this back when you get some common sense." She sighed and walked back into the elevator. The doors closed.

Tony looked down to see Pepper's engagement ring in his hand.

---

"I CAN GO THE DISTANCE!" Peter, MJ, and Ned sang along with the movie. They were in the middle of their Disney marathon. They weren't sure what time it was. May walked in, and was surprised to see three teenagers on her couch.

"Shouldn't you three be asleep?" May asked, startling the three. "It's almost 2 AM."

"Oh, hey Aunt May." Peter yawned and waved.

"I thought you were staying at the tower tonight?" May asked as she set her bag down. Ned closed his eyes and fell asleep.

"Mr. Stark fired me." Peter reached for another piece of popcorn. MJ closed her eyes and fell asleep.

"What?" May asked as she took her shoes off. "He fired you? Why?" She may have seemed calm, but on the inside she was cursing Tony out. Peter seemed relaxed, so she thought she ought to be the same way.

"Because Joshua is so much better than me..." Peter mumbled as his head rested on MJ's lap. He was already half asleep. His legs were laying on top of Ned's.

"Who's Joshua?" May asked.

"Stark's new intern..." Peter's eyes began to close. "My replacement..." May glanced at the box of things on the table.

"He even cleaned out your room. He didn't tell you earlier?" May asked. She heard no response. "Peter?" She turned and saw Peter fast asleep. She smiled and turned off the movie.

---

Steve was furiously punching the training bag. A lot of pent up aggression coming out full force. He was angry. Angry at Tony, angry at himself for not doing anything to stop him. The rest of the Avengers felt the same way.

Bucky walked into the training room. "Hey Steve, I made dinner." Bucky told him. His tone was gloomier than usual. Even the Winter Soldier was affected. Peter and Bucky were extremely close, so it wasn't that much of a suprise. They had bonded while in the soul realm and became nearly inseparable.

"I'll be there in a minute, Buck." Steve sighed. Bucky nodded and went to go fetch the other Avengers, minus Tony. He was afraid he would go Winter Soldier mode if Tony was even in his field of vision.

Steve looked at the pile of punching bags he had gone through. He walked over and sat on the pile, contemplating whether he should strangle Tony or not. He decided against it, he didn't want to cause another civil war. Plus, Peter wouldn't have wanted that. Steve chuckled. He was thinking like Peter was dead by the hands of Tony. God, Steve missed him. All the Avengers thought of Peter as the baby in the group. Hell, even Hulk protected Peter with his life.

Speaking of, where is Bruce? He ran out once Peter left. Probably had to stop the big guy from coming out. Steve ran a hand through his hair. Right now, he wished he could crawl back into that ice, just so he didn't have to deal with this mess.

Who even was that kid anyway? Joshua? Was that his name? Who was Joshua and what did he do to Tony?

What's so special about him?

---

Tony felt trapped. This kid, the one who sat next to him, was a monster. He was aware of everything he was doing, but it was like he was watching a recording. He wasn't in control of any of his actions. He wanted to run up to Peter and hug and apologize a million times, but he couldn't.

Because the kid who sat next to him was awful.

He could only watch as the team failed to notice how fake his smile looked. He could only watch as Happy and Pepper left. He could only watch as the team ignored him. He could only watch Peter's happy smile turn into a devastated frown.

But he couldn't do anything about it.

A/N:

So yeah. Someone said to make a part two, so here ya go! *awkwardly laughs* I might do an arachnophobia oneshot soon. Should I? Maybe? Idk.

*