Replaced (Part 10)

Just curious, how do y'all imagine Joshua?

Ok, so this isn't the last part, but I can guarantee that the next one will be.

Peter walked into school the next week. He was instantly dragged to the janitor's closet by MJ and Ned. "What's going on?"

"Don't interrupt, okay?" MJ glared at Peter. "Joshua's real identity is Benjamin Miller."

"Benjamin Miller? The kid who died in that lab accident at Oscorp?" Peter tilted his head. "That's impossible."

"That's what we thought." Ned told him. "We dug deeper and turns out, the lab accident was actually a coverup. Benjamin was among the many teenagers brought in that had supernatural abilities. His had something to do with mind manipulation. The subjects thought that they were going to be training to use their powers for good. After their powers were tested, they were trained to become weapons for the government. It was soon realized that they were becoming too powerful, and S.H.I.E.L.D arranged for the place to be bombed."

"We checked the security camera footage and saw that after the explosion, one camera remained. A figure rushed in and grabbed Benjamin's body. Rhodey told us about how Ock attacked you yesterday. After that it was a matter of connecting the dots." MJ said. "We have two theories. One, Ock somehow managed to bring Benjamin back to life. This doesn't explain why he's evil. The second--"

"That whoever is in the tower, is someone who is identical in every way to Benjamin. In other words, a clone." Ned finished for MJ. "With Doc Ock's brilliance it isn't so far fetched."

"What about Olivia?" Peter asked, shivering as he remembered that girl.

"We think that he thought he could distribute Benjamin's powers into other people. Obviously it didn't work, considering that there's only one. Based on Rhodey and Happy's descriptions of her, she seemed unstable. The other test subjects...they probably went pop from the new overload of power."

"She did seem more reckless than Joshua." Peter mumbled. "Do you have proof that we can show to anyone?"

"The footage from the security camera is about it." Ned grimaced. "Without proof that Joshua is not what he seems, it all just sounds like nonsense conspiracy theories."

"Why should I even care about any of this? Joshua is a clone! Big whoop! He hasn't done anything particularly bad so should it even matter to me?" Peter reached for the door handle, but was stopped when MJ blocked him.

"You can't forget that this is Ock we're talking about. He got Joshua to mind control Tony, getting him access to the tower. If Joshua can control everyone in the tower, Ock will have taken down Earth's mightiest heroes. If they fall you're the last defence!" Ned told him.

"They have Scott, they'll be fine." Peter scowled.

"Peter, Scott is nothing compared to the Avengers. You and I both know that." Ned pressed. "Ock recognized that you're a threat and came after you, who's to say he won't do it again?!"

"He came after me because he has a stupid grudge." Peter crossed his arms.

"Can you really live knowing that your family is being tortured?" MJ asked him.

"My family is dead!" Peter yelled, silencing Ned and MJ. At that moment, the janitor opened the door.

"What the--are you having a threesome in here?" The janitor asked.

"Yes." MJ replied with a straight face. The janitor made a grossed out face.

"Nasty! Not in my closet!" He exclaimed, shooing them out. "Damn teens." He mumbled before shutting the door.