Stupid Shots

Requested by the magnificent Barbemeli (I've had this in my drafts for about a year now, I'm not even joking)

Peter was currently a sneezing mess, sitting next to the toilet in case he had to throw up again. He groaned as he shakily stood up and flushed his breakfast down the toilet. In case you're a dumbass and don't know, Peter was sicker than a vegan at a pig farm. He was aware of this fact, he was also aware that he needed a shot. Peter Parker absolutely despised shots, like most human beings. He would rather dive headfirst into a tub of peppermint candies than get a shot.

Peter stumbled out of the bathroom into his room. He pulled himself under the covers. "Life is pain and suffering." He groaned into his pillow. 

Suddenly a knock on the door was heard. "Hey bud, you okay? Friday told me something was wrong." Tony said, stepping into the room.

"Y-Yeah! I'm fine Mr. Stark!" Peter sneezed after he said that.

"You sure?" Tony asked. "Also, I thought we were done with the whole 'Mr. Stark' thing?" Tony tilted his head. Peter gave him a curt nod.

"Sorry, Tony. I'm just really tired." Peter yawned, doing his best to sound normal and not like a congested teen. Apparently that didn't work because Tony rose a brow.

"You're sure?" Tony asked. Peter gave him a thumbs up. Tony sighed skeptically. "Alright, if you say so." With that he left the room. Peter frowned. He was willing to do anything in order to avoid a shot.

He looked in the mirror and saw how sick he physically looked. He frowned. He probably caught a sick bug from school. Peter was confused because he was 99% sure he couldn't get sick. Actually it was more like 75%. Okay fine, it was up in the air. He had no clue.

"Peter!" Bucky called from the kitchen. With a quiet groan Peter hauled himself to the kitchen.

He walked in and saw Bucky over a pot of soup. He turned around with a bright smile on his face, but it quickly dissipated when he saw Peter. "Are you okay? You don't look so good."

"I don't feel so good either." Peter mumbled, but Bucky didn't seem to hear, somehow. Maybe he didn't even say it outloud? "Uh, yeah! I'm fine Uncle Bucky! What did you need?"

Bucky stared at him for a couple more seconds, before he turned back towards the soup. He took the spoon he was using to stir and got some soup. He turned back to Peter. "Can you taste test this, please?" Bucky asked with a smile, but concern still in his eyes.

Peter panicked slightly, if he taste tested that soup, there's a chance he'll get the people who eat it sick. "I...can't Uncle Bucky."

Bucky's smile slowly disappeared again. "Why not?" He asked, his expression turning into a heartbroken one.

"I...don't want to." Peter said quickly and scampered out of the kitchen. He sighed in relief once he escaped, before quickly being met with Clint. "U-Uncle Clint!" He yelled in suprise.

"Hey kid! I was wondering if you were up for a game of Mario Kart?" He held up on controller in one hand and the other handed another controller to Peter.

Peter didn't want to touch it, in fear that he'll make the person who uses it next sick. "I can't!" He exclaims quickly. The same heartbroken expression that Bucky had came over Clint. He sped passed him, muttering a quick apology.

He thought he was free before he almost bumped into Thor. "Uncle Thor!" He smiled nervously.

"Hello Man of Spiders! Would you like to join me on my trip to Asgard?" He laughed heartily. Before Peter could reply, Friday's voice rang out.

"Code Thor." Friday said. Before anyone could do anything, Tony came bounding down the hallway, fire extinguisher in hand.

Tony quickly sprayed Thor with the fire extinguisher. "YOU'RE NOT KIDNAPPING MY KID TODAY, POINTBREAK!" He screamed as he sprayed Thor, who was now screeching.

Peter quickly ran away from the whole scene and was met with Natasha. "Aunt Nat!"

"You're sick." She immediately examined.

"Wh-What gave you that idea?!" He asked, sneezing directly after.

"Your eyes and nose are red, you sound congested, and you literally just sneezed." She put a hand on her hip. "What do you take me for? An idiot?" She grabbed Peter's arm. "Tony! Get your ass in the limo! We're going to the doctor's office!"

Tony quickly followed them and all three rode to the doctor's.

---

After a quick evaluation, the doctor pulled out a needle and Peter immediately began crying. "You have the flu, this requires immediate action."

"Hey, don't worry. I'm right here." Tony comforted Peter. Peter clenched his eyes closed and waited.

He was surprised to discover that the shot didn't hurt that much.

He walked home that day, lollipop in his mouth and eyes on the horizon.

A/N:

I've literally put this off for a year.

*

Kian: Hey Darius, how you holding up? I heard you went to see Dominic, what was he like?

Darius: He was a tall, muscular latino, I stood no chance.

Kian: Let's change the subject, did you accept anyone else?

Darius: Two people, actually!

Kian: Oh?

Darius: Yep, turnip434513 submitted Emma, and Luna_theskelwolf099 submitted Vine!

Kian: Hmm, they sound promising.

Darius: I'm glad to finally get some help.