The Box

Trapped.

He was trapped. He couldn't move, he couldn't breathe, he couldn't think. He was trapped.

The box was small, barely fitting him inside. The lack of space was making him claustrophobic. He wanted out.

He called for help but no one heard his plea, perhaps they didn't hear? Perhaps they didn't care? Perhaps they didn't notice.

He stared at the tiny hole that offered him little knowledge of the outside world.

There they were. People. Laughing, smiling, talking. They weren't in boxes. Why weren't they in boxes?

The sides began closing him, causing his breathing to accelerate. He screamed and pushed against the sides. He begged for someone to help him.

With a last bit of effort, he pushed the box harder than ever, and it crumbled apart.

He breathed a sigh of a relief and went to go join the people. He laughed. He smiled. He talked. He was finally free. He felt better than he had in years.

Then he blinked. He was still in the box. He hadn't escaped. Nothing had happened.

And the cycle repeats.

A/N:

I'll leave you to decipher the meaning of this one. It's pretty obvious. It's also pretty short.

*

Min: Hey, are you sure you're okay?

Tae: Why do you care?

Min: I know I haven't been the nicest, but I'm here to change that.

Tae: I appreciate the effort but I'm fine.

Min: I would be excited if I actually believed that.

Tae: Can you just drop it?

Min: Fine, but don't keep it to yourself, okay? You'll have to tell someone eventually. I don't want you to hurt yourself.

Tae: I--

Min: Plus, you may be an idiot but I actually care about you.

Tae: *blushes*

Min: Later Beanpole.

Avery: wtf was that