Replaced (Part 9)

I WOULD LIKE TO CLARIFY THAT THIS ISN'T THE LAST PART

"Okay, lay it on me." Happy said. "What's his name?" Happy, Ned, and MJ were on their way to the tower.

"Benjamin Miller." Ned responded. 

"Criminal records?" Happy asked, turning right.

"None." MJ responded.

"None?"

"Nada. Zilch."

"Is there anything shady about him?" Happy asked.

"Nope." Ned shrugged.

"Then why is this information important to me?" Happy grumbled. For a kid that was so wicked he had an oddly clean record.

"Benjamin Miller died five years ago."

---

Natasha and Clint were returned to their cells. Natasha had a small victorious smirk as she walked back. "What happened?" Sam asked.

"Oh nothing, except me convincing Fury to let us go." Natasha smiled as everyone cheered. "It wasn't easy, but I managed."

"Way to go, Auntie Nat!" Peter smiled brightly.

A look of disgust crossed her face for a second but was replaced by an amused smile. "Anything for you, Peter."

Peter's head tilted in confusion. She didn't call him ребенок паук. Odd.

"I don't want him in my field of vision anymore." Tony said, pointing at Peter. "Leave, scum. I don't want to see vermin like you anywhere near me ever again."

"R-Right, Mr. Stark." Peter mumbled. Maria Hill stepped foward to escort them to the helicopter they would be leaving in.

---

Happy, MJ, and Ned for back just in time to see Peter and Rhodey leaving the compound. "Peter!" Ned said as he rushed over. "We figured out Joshua! He's--"

"Just leave it Ned. It doesn't matter anymore. Mr. Stark is obviously happy with him there so we shouldn't try to change that." Peter gave Ned a sad smile.

"B-But he's not what he seems! He's actually--"

"Just stop!" Peter yelled, voice cracking. "I-I don't wanna know!"

"Peter--"

"HE'S OBVIOUSLY BETTER THAN ME! WHY CAN'T WE JUST LEAVE IT AT THAT?!" Peter practically screamed. "LET THE PAST DIE! IT'S OVER! HE'S THE NEW INTERN AND I HAVE TO ACCEPT THAT INSTEAD OF HANGING ON TO SOME RIDICOULUS FANTASY!" Peter looked down. "IT'S OVER!" He sniffled.

"Peter--"

"STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT!" Peter screamed. "STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE I'M SOME BROKEN TOY! I DON'T WANT YOUR SYMPATHY! I DON'T WANT YOUR PITY!" Peter sobbed out. "I just want my dad..."

Ned pulled Peter into a hug. Peter sobbed into his shoulder. Peter held on tightly, scared that if he was to loosen his grip, Ned would dissapear like everything else he cherished. They both sank to the ground, still hugging each other. "You deserve so much better than the bullshit you've been given." Ned whispered. "You don't need him. He's a fool who can't cherish amazing things."

"It hurts, Ned." Peter told him once they both pulled away. "When will the pain stop?"

"I don't know." Ned answered truthfully. "But when it does, even if it takes a thousand years, I'll still be by your side." Ned smiled softly.

"This is lovely and all, but can you not do it in front of my tower." Everyone looked to the door of the tower and saw Tony, a bored expression on his face. Everyone glared at him. "Hello, Harold Hogan."

"Anthony." Happy acknowledged the greeting.

"Colonel Rhodes." Tony turned towards him. Rhodey looked away from him, an angry expression on his face.

"Mr. Leeds, Ms. Jones." Tony said, lazily. They both glared at him. "And finally, Spider-Pest."

Peter didn't respond, but looked down in shame. Tony's eyes were cold as they gazed at Peter. The affection they held for the boy was almost completely gone.

"We're leaving, Stark. Wouldn't want to contaminate the air you breathe." Rhodey rolled his eyes as they all for into the rental car.

Tony watched them drive off. Mentally screaming for the stupid spell to break.

---

Natasha, Clint, Steve, Pepper, and Tony who had arrived a couple of minutes ago were sat in the meeting room. All of them waiting for a certain someone to enter the room. Joshua entered the room and locked the door. He clapped his hands and the spell was worn off the people in the room.

Tony was the first to regain control. He glared at Joshua as he felt tears come to his eyes.

Steve was the second. He looked at his hands, remembering how awful it felt to dig his shield into Bucky's torso. He put his head in his hands and quietly cried to himself.

Clint was the third. He looked down in shame and clenched his fists. He allowed himself to be controlled again.

Pepper was the fourth. She sobbed as she thought about the awful things she had said to Peter.

Natasha was last. She glared at Joshua as well.

Joshua smirked. "I want to see your reactions to this plan. Feel free to express your thoughts." He sat down in a chair. "In one week's time, I plan to kill Peter Parker."

All their eyes widened. "Don't put a hand on him!" Tony yelled. "I'll kill you myself before you harm him."

"How will you do that when I control your every move?" Joshua smirked. Joshua's eyes rolled back as he fell unconscious in his chair. Then, Clint stood up, eyes red.

"I plan to make one of you do it." Clint told them. Nat's eyes were wide in horror. "But the problem is who? Maybe I can get that Bucky guy, he seemed fun."

"Do it, I dare you." Steve glared at him. An evil smirk appeared on Clint's face.

"Then how about Sam? He looked like a mighty adversary." Clint pondered. "Or maybe I could have Irondad himself release the fatal blow that will end his life."

"Over my dead body." Tony clenched his fists.

"That could be arranged." Clint looked Tony dead in the eyes. "Ah! I know the perfect person for the job." Clint smirked. He collapsed to the ground and Joshua sat up. Nat rushed over to check on Clint.

Joshua clapped his hands and they were all under his control again.

---

Doc Ock smirked. Everything was playing out perfectly. "And it's all thanks to you." He said, turning to the dead body of Benjamin Miller that was in some sort of tube.

A/N:

Eh, this took like three hours to write.

*