Chapter 206

Ara' Sei felt the fangs sink into her shoulder, and then felt a strange sensation of her life being torn from her. However, her divine nature had shrugged off part of the effect.

       Eris then lunged forward with their blade. They plunged it deep into Ara' Carus' back. Ara' Carus hissed and went tense as the dagger plunged into her back. Deep, black colored blood poured from the wound.

       Ara' Carus whipped around and lunged towards Eris. But, Eris's ring glowed as life was drained from them. Ara' Carus hissed with frustration as she saw the ring.

       "Sorry, not that easy." Eris said.

       Cedric pointed his hand forward and muttered an incantation. An emerald point glowed in midair, withering barely any of Ara' Carus herself.

       Ara' Carus lunged forward again, but this time towards Cedric. Then, she sank her fangs into him. He also felt the effect, Ara' Carus once again appeared frustrated for some reason.

       Then, Ara' Carus stuck her hand outwards. Her hand crackled with blue electricity and lightning erupted towards Cedric. Then, from Cedric, lightning erupted at Ara' Sei, Eris, and Zerai.

       Ara' Sei, Cedric, and Zerai were hit by the full force of the crackling lightning. Eris was able to roll away, and got hit in an area that wasn't very vital. Everyone hit groaned from the lightning. It had emerged with terrifying speed, and Ara' Carus didn't seem to break much of a sweat casting such a spell.

       Ara' Sei ran back and extended her hand towards Ara' Carus. A spear of flame built within her arm before flying at Ara' Carus. But, Ara' Carus reached her hand out, and some of the energy of the fire was absorbed into her arm.

       She lunged forward, her fangs once again aglow. She lunged once again towards Cedric, knowing he had no way of mitigating the effects of her dark power. Her fangs sung into his hand. Then, an awful, cold sensation came over him. As Ara' Carus pulled her fangs away, two black holes were left in Cedric's hand.

       From her fangs, ethereal shadows flowed into Ara' Carus' back, and the wound Eris had left healed.

       "That's more like it." She said with a smile.

       Zerai placed the cloak he was holding on the ground and ran towards Ara' Carus. He looked her in the eyes and muttered a single word beneath his breath. His entire body flashed with golden hued light, and Ara' Carus covered her eyes.

       When the flash faded, Ara' Carus was covering her eyes. She didn't move, merely shaked slightly.

       Brie carved a glyph into the air, and a ray of blue light fired towards Ara' Carus. As it hit her, she didn't react to the ice crystals that spread across her shoulder.

       Eris once again plunged their dagger into Ara' Carus' back. Blood once again fountained out, but Ara' Carus didn't react.

       Cedric clapped his hands together and a storm cloud crackled above near the ceiling of the room.

"I trust you to dodge this Eris." Cedric said. Then, a bolt of lightning struck down from above upon Ara' Carus. Thanks to ample warning, Eris stepped back as Ara' Carus was struck.

       Ara' Carus seemed to be attempting to resist, as she hissed softly. But, whatever spell Zerai had cast held tight.

       Ara' Sei flung a spear of flame at Ara' Carus. It hit without issue. Then, a spectral blade of light struck Ara' Carus from above.

       Zerai charged forward and carved into Ara' Carus with his blade. Both of them hit, but on the second, his blade flashed with bright purple light, far brighter than the violet light of the dragons and of Ara' Carus.

       Black blood now spilled onto the gray stone floor, yet through all of it, Ara' Carus was helpless.

       Brie fired her ray of blue light, which caused more ice crystals to spread.

       But, Eris was the one to finish the job. From behind, they raised their blade and plunged it into the area just above the collarbone. The blade pierced straight through, directly to the heart. Ara' Carus fell to the floor, and black blood continued pouring out.

       Everyone took a moment to regather themselves before beholding the door that stood before them.