Chapter 218

The next day, everyone was able to sleep in. When everyone did eventually wake up, they all felt the familiar feeling of heightened resilience and greater power. However, Cedric was awake early, and eventually he got impatient and woke Eris up.

       "Whaaat?" Eris asked.

       "I'm tired of waiting for you to wake up." Cedric answered.

       "Okay, okay! I'll get up Cedric." Eris said. Eris dragged themself out of bed and got ready for the day, Cedric was already prepared.

       "So, what are you in a hurry to do?" Eris asked.

       "Well, Ella's probably having a hard time. I was thinking of buying her a magical sword." Cedric replied.

       "Oh, yeah, we can do that. Anything else you wanna do?" Eris asked.

       "Hmmm, I want to go to a bathhouse probably... maybe try some interesting food. Also, I need to get a haircut, my hair's been getting too messy." Cedric said.

       "Yeah, wow, I haven't cut my hair in way too long." Eris realized, they brushed their hair forward with their hands and their hair went down to their mouth.

       "I'm sure there'll be a barber we can get. What order should we do this in?" Eris asked.

       "I don't know, what do you think?" Cedric asked.

       "Probably barber, bathhouse, blade." Eris listed.

       "Okay!" Cedric replied. And so, the two left to get their hair cut. They were quickly able to find someone who could give them a much needed haircut. Their grown out hair was finally manageable.

       Then, they went to a bathhouse and rented a tub. Cedric decided to fill the bathtub with pink water lilies. The two ended up facing each other in an epic battle where they threw flowers at one another. They made sure to get out in a hurry.

       "So, one thing about magical swords... They're really pricey..." Eris started, gesturing to their magical daggers.

       "Oh, I see where this is going. How do you wanna steal this thing?" Cedric asked.

       Eris pulled the two over into an alleyway as smoothly as they possibly could. No one seemed to take notice.

       "You're gonna transform into a bird, I'm gonna disguise myself. Then, when the shopkeeper doesn't expect it, I'm going to charm them so they give us a better deal." Eris explained. Cedric nodded.

       The two crept deeper into the alleyway before disguising themselves. Cedric transformed into a squirrel and hid in Eris' hood, and Eris disguised themself as a gorgeous young woman with black hair and pale skin. They wore a tight vest and tight pants with elegant boots. Before Cedric had transformed, he gave his gold to Eris.

       Within half an hour, Eris was able to find a shop that caught their eye. They walked into the shop to find it was exactly what they were looking for.

       Glass cases containing all manner of magically glowing weapons lined the chamber. Upon the glass, tiny glyphs were inscribed, undoubtedly to protect the precious contents. The shop had no windows save two windows high on the entrance wall that gave meager natural light.

       Behind a counter was a robed, human woman with short, blonde hair that was shiny despite the low light.

       "Hello, what would you like?" She asked.

       "Oh, nothing yet, I'm just looking around so far." Eris lied. The woman merely nodded before staring off into space. Eris made sure to put a glass box between themselves and the shopkeeper. Suddenly, they slipped out of view. They did it with no effort, and the shopkeeper gasped at not seeing them there.

       Then, Eris muttered an incantation, and the shopkeeper's eyes glowed with pink light for a moment. Then, Eris emerged from behind the glass case.

       "Oh, sorry, I didn't see you there." The shopkeeper said.

       "It's fine, nothing to apologize for. I'm looking for a magical sword, do you have any?" Eris asked.

       "What kind?"

       "A massive one, one you would wield with two hands."

       "Alright, I have one of those." The shopkeeper replied. She stepped towards a box containing a shining blade. The blade almost seemed to have a blue tint to it.

       "This one has powerful magic within it, it's far sharper and more accurate than a normal blade of its kind." The shopkeeper explained.

       "Excellent, how much would that cost?" Eris asked.

       "About two thousand five hundred gold please." The shopkeeper said. Eris gulped.

       "Oh... would you mind reducing that cost down to say... one thousand?" Eris asked.

       "No." The shopkeeper said. Eris sighed beneath their breath.

       "Look, I am not going to spend that much money on such a thing. I'm going to have that sword, and I'm going to have it for one thousand, not twenty five hundred. Got it!" Eris said, an inch of menace creeping into their usual smooth voice.

       "Oh, very well. Yes, I can accept one thousand." The shopkeeper said. Eris handed over all of their gold, as well as some of Cedric's gold. Then, the shopkeeper wrapped the blade and gave it to Eris.

       Once the two were away, they transformed back to their normal forms, stowed the sword out sight, and made their way back to the inn.