Chapter 280

Ella easily fought the feeling, for nothing was going to get in the way of her fighting. But she cursed beneath her breath as she saw Zerai rendered useless once again.

       She plunged her blade into the dragon and pushed down on the blade's hilt. Her blade cut through the dragon's chest, causing black, steaming guts to pour out.

       The dragon flailed about, slamming its tail into Ella. Ella groaned as she was flung backwards by the force.

       "I could really use some help!" She shouted at Zerai.

       Zerai felt the feeling washing over him. It was Ella against the dragon, how could she possibly win.

       Then, he realized.

       He was right there. He broke the feeling just in time to have the tail slam into him. He groaned as he was flung back, and he gripped his sword as tightly as he could.

       Then, the dragon's jaws lunged towards Ella. They clamped around her, but she kicked away. Then, the dragon's massive claws raked across her stomach, sending crimson spray across the roof.

       However, Ella brought the point of her sword facing the dragon's claws, and the dragon was forced to pull back from its final strike.

       Ella took a breath and looked up at the dragon.

       "Alright! Prepare to die beasty!" She shouted with a smile.

       With her blade, she cut twice, creating a massive x in the creature's chest. It was mixed with all the other cuts, so it was difficult to see.

       "Perfect." She whispered. Then, she flew forward, ramming her blade right where the two lines of the x met. Her blade initially sunk two feet in, but she kept pushing forward, plunging the blade deeper and deeper into the dragon's chest.

       The dragon roared and its form flailed. Black ichor poured from its chest and drops of black blood flew from its mouth. But, its roar came to a gross, wet gurgle. Ella pulled her blade from the dragon, and it fell forward off of the roof, slamming into the street below.

       Ella took a deep breath before looking at Zerai. Zerai held his hand out, and her body glowed with golden light. The wound on her chest began to heal over, and she breathed a sigh of relief.

       "Thanks. Now, onto the next one." Ella said.

       Then, he placed his hand on her chest where the wound was, and it glowed with golden light.

       "Sorry, I just... don't know." Zerai said, sighing.

       "Just stop doing, you look stupid." Ella commented. Zerai chuckled.

       "What does my face look like?" Zerai asked. With her lone eye, Ella stared off into space. Her mouth was slightly agape, and she shook her arms while still clutching her blade.

       "Oh gods I am so glad Ara' Sei isn't here to see that." Zerai said, his cheeks turning red. Ella laughed.

       "Alright, let's go." She said. As they flew, Zerai muttered beneath his breath, and his body faintly shimmered with a lingering, golden glow.

       Up ahead was a dragon with smoke rising from its mouth. It turned its head to see Ella and Zerai flying at it, both their blades drawn and ready.