Chapter 247

The group was once again greeted by a late sunrise. Using her magic, Ara' Sei was able to talk through the walls to her friends. Then, she gathered all nine people in the tiny room of the inn.

       "So, does anyone have ideas for institutions to contact?" Ara' Sei asked.

       "Well, we should probably contact the local arcanists that are here." Brie said.

       "The military wouldn't be a bad place to go next." Varhine added.

       "So first, we'll contact the local arcanists, then we'll contact the military." Ara' Sei said. Everyone glanced around and nodded.

       "Any means of how we're going to do this?" Ara' Sei asked.

       "Well, I could let them know with my magic." Brie said.

       "Speaking of which, Aiyoshar, Roya, have you been warning other towns about this?" Eris asked.

       "Yes, yesterday, I was able to warn Oakholme." Roya said.

       "Excellent. So, Brie, do you want to contact them now?" Ara' Sei asked.

       "Sure. I don't know of too many people that are a part of it, but I'll contact someone who's high up." Brie said. She carved the necessary glyph into the air, before taking a breath.

       "I am Brie Evertempest, I am a graduate of the academy of Point Sathus. Me and my friends must speak to you regarding urgent matters." Brie said. Then, a moment of silence passed where all eyes were on Brie.

       She nodded slightly and gave a loud sigh.

       "They aren't willing to speak." Brie said.

       "What?" Ella asked.

       "In that case, just warn them of the danger." Ara' Sei said. Brie nodded and carved the glyph again.

       "Well, I must warn you that an army of dragons destroyed Point Sathus, and chances are they will fly North." Brie explained. After several moments of silence, Brie shook her head.

       "No response, but it was a successful message." Brie said.

       "They don't care." Ara' Sei whispered.

       "Okay, our next bet is the military." Zerai said.

       "How are we going to contact them?" Brie asked.

       "Well, I could use my position of power to speak to them." Roya said.

       "Who would we speak to, and where would we speak to them?" Eris asked. Roya glanced up, pondering.

       "Well, if I recall correctly, there is a building where the Lawmaster works. They would have connections to the military, and I'm fairly certain they let most people speak to them." Cedric explained.

       "We could go there, and Roya's rank would help us get through to the military." Ara' Sei said.

       "Do you think it could work quickly?" Eris asked.

       "Well, considering how urgent this matter is, it would move quickly if the Lawmaster believed you." Cedric said.

       "Okay, in that case, me and Roya will go there. Does anyone else want or need to go with us?" Ara' Sei asked. She looked around, but no one said anything.

       "I don't blame you, we should leave now, I don't want to keep this matter waiting. We'll be back soon." Ara' Sei said, before taking Roya with her and leaving the inn.

       Both Ara' Sei and Roya were human in appearance, so they blended in far better. Ara' Sei felt a few looks, but nothing compared to what the group had faced as a whole.

       Ara' Sei was able to ask one of the locals where to find the Lawmaster. The local provided directions before walking away at a quick pace.