Chapter 308

Ara' Sei and Zerai had flown into the treetops of one of the various groves that surrounded the destroyed fishing village.

       "So, Ara' Sei, I was... thinking about a lot of things since Ara' Carus is finally gone." Zerai said.

       "Okay, what would those things be?" Ara' Sei asked.

       "Back in Duskholme, we took down a slaver's guild. But, that alone isn't exactly enough, you know." Zerai said.

       "Yeah." Ara' Sei said sadly.

       "I don't know. Life is short and all of that, and I want to make due on my promise that I made when I first died." Zerai said.

       "To end slavery, you've talked about this, I would never forget it." Ara' Sei said.

       "Alright, well, I think I'm going to go do that, now. I'll tell the others, but I think its time that I went to make due on my goals." Zerai said.

       "Of course, and Zerai, I want to go with you." Ara' Sei said.

       "I mean, I'd love that, but, are you sure?" Zerai asked.

       "You have taught me more than anyone else in my life. You've taught me more about life and living than my parents, and definitely more than Ara' Leos and any other divine being I may have spoken too. I'm going to go with you." Ara' Sei explained.

       "You know it's going to be a slow, horrible, depressing upward battle, right?" Zerai asked.

       "Yeah, I know. I'll gladly fight it with you, because I want to end it too." Ara' Sei said.

       Zerai's golden eyes shimmered with tears, and one slipped from his eyes and began running down his cheek. With a snap of her fingers, Ara' Sei had cleared the tear from Zerai's face.

       "Thanks Ara' Sei. I-It means a lot." Zerai said.

       "Don't get all sappy just yet. We've gotta go say goodbye to everyone else. I'm sure many of them have their own things they need to do." Ara' Sei said.

       Zerai pulled Ara' Sei closer, and she leaned on his shoulder. Zerai stared out at the ocean, and Ara' Sei stared at its reflection in his eyes. But, she also saw the destroyed fishing village of Cresselbrooke, and she knew she would never shake its image from her mind.

       Later that night, Ara' Sei transported her parents back to her home, and the group prepared for another night of sleep on the beach.

       Ara' Sei stared up at the starlit sky above. She pulled Zerai's arm over her, revelling in his warmth as she stared up at the sky.

       She had no idea how long she was entranced with the image of the stars above her when she finally found rest.

       The next morning, Cedric made the whole group magically created berries for the last time, and everyone had a sinking feeling of what was about to happen. But, none of them could fight their excitement either. They were more powerful and more confident than they were when they initially started their journey together, and they were more prepared than ever to leap headfirst into their respective destinies.