Chapter 253

"Okay. What do we do?!" Brie asked.

       "Eris, are we able to use the rings the moment we can?" Ara' Sei asked. Eris shook their head.

       "I had to be with it for a full hour before I could feel its effect. I don't think we have that kind of time." Eris said.

       "In that case, Eris and I are the only ones who can resist the breath of these dragons. The rest of you will fall prey to them far too easily." Ara' Sei explained.

       "How are we going to fight exactly?" Zerai asked.

       "We can't face them head on, but we have to face them somehow." Ara' Sei said.

       "We could use hit and run tactics with the help of Zerai's flying magic." Brie suggested.

       "Yeah, I could easily use it on three people if need be." Zerai replied.

       "Great, use it on me and Ara' Sei." Eris said. Zerai nodded.

       "How are you two alone going to fight this thing?" Aiyoshar asked.

       "Like Brie said, we have hit and run tactics with Zerai's flight magic. We can fly pretty fast. Not only that, but both of us can somewhat resist the effects of the dragon's breath, so we're the best suited for the job." Eris explained.

       "I can turn into an eagle and easily fly just as fast as those dragons. Also, now, I feel like I could use some magic, even as an eagle, to help the both of you." Cedric said.

       "Okay, Cedric can go with us. The rest of you, get to the town, and try to get people out of there." Ara' Sei said.

       With that, Aiyoshar brought Brie, Ella, and Roya back towards the town. Cedric walked over to Eris and placed his hand on Eris' shoulder.

       "I'll give you something that'll help you, just, please be careful, I don't want to lose you." Cedric said. He placed his hands on Eris's shoulders, and Eris' eyes glowed with emerald light for a brief moment.

       "Don't worry, I'll be okay Cedric." Eris said, giving Cedric a kiss on the shoulder.

       Zerai walked over to Ara' Sei and Eris.

       "This only lasts ten minutes, so be careful." Zerai said, placing his hands on Ara' Sei and Eris. Ghostly silhouettes of angelic wings sprouted from their backs.

       Eris's body shimmered with bluish light as they muttered beneath their breath. They looked towards Ara' Sei.

       "I'll get back to you all to take us out of here, promise." Ara' Sei said. Zerai smiled and nodded to her.

       "See you, Ara' Sei." Then, he ran back towards the town.

       The well over two dozen dragons were now clearly visible in view, all of them ebony. In the middle was the most massive of the dragons, with a rider upon its back.

       Cedric's form flashed with emerald light, and he was transformed into an eagle.

       "Okay, try to distract them and lead them away from the town." Ara' Sei explained.

       "Got it." Eris said. Cedric gave a piercing cry from his eagle form. Ara' Sei tried desperately to quell the shaking of her hands, and she wiped the warm droplets that coated them on her sleeve. She looked towards Ara' Carus, someone who had the same title as her. If she was born of divinity and guided the same way Ara' Sei was, how did she turn out this way?

       Ara' Sei shook the thought from her head and spread the wings that Zerai had given her.

       "Okay, let's do this." She said, and with that, the three took to the sky towards the dragons.