Chapter 282

Zerai breathed a sigh of relief as he saw the dragon. It was noticeably smaller than the others they had fought. Along the roofs near it were dark colored ice crystals.

       However, the dragon's mouth glowed with violet power as its breath began to gather. Then, its mouth flashed with violet power Zerai could see dark ice crystals forming across his body.

       Ella felt a similar feeling, but her ring flashed with power and she smiled as she realized how little the dragon's breath had hurt.

       "That's the best you got?!" Ella asked as she flew in.

      It took everything Zerai had to maintain his focus on the flight spell that held him, Ella, and Eris aloft.

       Ella created three massive lacerations in the dragon's neck, and she was drenched in sticky, warm, and dark colored blood.

       Then, Ella groaned as the dragon whirled around to slam Ella with its tail.

       Then, Zerai immediately flew towards the dragon's temporarily exposed chest.

       The dragon beat its massive wings, and the two warriors were sent hurtling through the air backwards. However, the two were able to recover quickly and fly back towards the dragon

       The dragon's eyes flashed with violet light as it roared with deafening volume.

       Zerai could feel the same feeling. What was the point of fighting? Of risking their lives against such a threat?

       "No." Zerai whispered beneath his breath as he shook the feeling the moment it arrived. Ella was also able to shake the feeling.

       However, she had a harder time shaking off the dragon's jaws, or the two claw swipes at her that followed. However, one of the claw swipes did glance off her armor, and she smiled slightly.

       "Feels good not being mauled." She said, blood leaking from the corner of her lip. It was a miracle her eyepatch hadn't fallen off yet.

       Ella unleashed four fluid, yet amazingly powerful strikes. The blade made a subtle whirring sound as it passed through the air and cut through black colored flesh.

       The dragon retaliated by once again bludgeoning her with its tail. Ella's body shook, and she winced as she heard a crack from her back.

       "Zerai... c-can you finish this one?" Ella asked weakly.

       Zerai grasped his blade with both of his hands and plunged the tip as deep as he could into the dragon's chest. Then, the blade flashed with violet light, and it easily sank up to the crossguard. The dragon roared, and then its eyes went dark. The corpse fell, and Zerai was able to hang onto his sword.

       "Sure can." He said.

       "Alright, I'm, not feeling very good. All of these dragons went after me only." She said.

       "Yeah, let's get out of here." Zerai said before flying towards the other dragons outside of the city.

       Then, Ella squinted her only eye against the distance.

       "Wait, what in the hells? Something's wrong!" Ella declared. Her single eye widened.

       "What is it?" Zerai asked. Ella pointed her hand, but Zerai struggled to follow her hand.

       Then, he saw it.

       A small figure, practically a dot amongst the massive dragons around it. However, Zerai could catch the faint golden glow of his magic.

       "That's Eris." He whispered.

       But, they were falling. They weren't reacting, and they weren't moving.

       "What in the world is going on?"