Chapter 220

Brie was awake early, writing in her spellbook. Ella woke up late, probably because being brought back from the dead was exhausting.

       "Oh, at least there's that feeling of being stronger. Good morning Brie." Ella said.

       "Good morning, I've got a few plans for today, and you're welcome to come along." Brie said.

       "What kind of plans?" Ella asked.

       "Research, lots of research." Brie answered.

       "Eh, I don't have anything better to do today but rest. I'm... really tired." Ella said.

       "Well, you were brought back from the dead, so there's that. If you don't mind me asking, what did it feel like?" Brie asked

       "Something happened, but it's like a dream, you forget what happens afterwards. Beyond that, it was kind of like blacking out twice in the middle of battle and then waking up in a room of a cathedral." Ella explained.

       "We should also get you a few pairs of clothes, the ones you were wearing got practically burnt to ash by the dragon." Brie said.

       "Yeah. You're right, I completely forgot for a moment. Also, I think one of my eyes messed up, I'm only seeing through one." Ella said.

       "Hmm, do you want to get an eyepatch?" Brie asked.

       "Oh my goodness, I have an excuse to get one? Perfect!" Ella said loudly.

       "Alright, we'll go clothes shopping and then we'll go to the arcane library. I can probably get you in." Brie said.

       Just as the two had planned, they went to get Ella some new clothes, as well as an eyepatch. Both of them aggressively shot down stares directed at Ella. Soon, Ella had new boots, trousers, a shirt, a cloak, and an eyepatch.

       After they had finished shopping for Ella, Brie led Ella to a massive gate within a metal fence. Glyphs had been carved upon the metal fence to bar trespassers.

       "What is your business in the Arcane Library?" The guard asked.

       "I am a former student at the arcane academy based here in Point Sathus. I am doing research on magic that could help my friend here, as well as researching into the various demiplanes the gods have created." Brie explained.

       "What's your name, former student?"

       "Brie Evertempest."

       "Very well, you may go in with your friend." the guard said. The gate was opened, and the two walked through.

       The library itself was a massive tower that almost seemed to defy gravity. It was one of the defining towers of the city, as it soared over two hundred fifty feet into the sky.

       As the two walked in, it was clear the library had many stories, all of which were jam packed with tomes several inches thick.

       "Okay Ella, I'm going to cast a spell that lets us telepathically communicate for the next hour. Don't worry, no one will stop you since it's almost impossible for an intruder to sneak into this place." Brie explained.

       Over the next few minutes, Brie muttered with her spellbook open. Then, she carved a graceful, pale glyph, and Ella heard a voice in her mind.

       We can communicate like this now, Ella.

       Whoa! How long does it last?

       It lasts for an hour. So, I'm going to go do research. I don't care if you actually do research or if you just explore, just please don't get us kicked out.

       Don't worry, Brie!

       Then, Brie immediately went searching through the library. Ella decided to go upwards and explore every story. To her delight, there were windows on some of the stories that she could look through. So, she was able to get one of the best views of Point Sathus. Looking down made her almost feel dizzy, as the window she looked through was well over two hundred feet off the ground.

       The final stairway was barred off with a sign that said Restricted, so Ella turned around. That was probably one of the only ways she could get kicked out.

       Then, Ella heard the message.

       Alright Ella, I've found something.