Chapter 241

Out on the roof, the group had spread out as well as they could.

       As the dragon drew closer, Eris drew a crackling blue glyph into the air. Then, they released its power in a bolt of blue lightning. The lightning slammed into the dragon's stomach, causing it to roar and convulse as it flew towards the group.

       Brie carved a pulsing, fiery red glyph in the air. Then, a red bead of light flew towards the dragon before detonating in a fiery explosion.

       Cedric pulled the golden wand out, and much like Brie, he fired an explosion from the wand's tip. Another fiery impacted the dragon, creating a dark mark upon the dragon's ebony black scales.

       Ella ran towards Zerai.

       "Can you use that flying spell on me?" Ella asked. Zerai nodded before reaching his hand out and giving both him and Ella spectral wings. He then took off towards the dragon.

       The dragon's mouth glowed with violet power, and a ray of purple fluid fired from the creature's throat. It coated Aiyoshar, Ella, and the roof that the group stood upon. Whatever the liquid touched began to blacken and wither. Then, the dragon landed on the roof, immediately causing a part of it to collapse.

       Aiyoshar collapsed to his knees, already hyperventilating. Ella merely groaned as the liquid withered her.

       Ara' Sei pointed her hand at the dragon, and let light build within her arm. She let it build until it started becoming unbearable. Just as it began to sear her, the light emerged from her arm as a roaring beam of light.

       Part of the beam reflected off the creature's scales, but it roared in agony as part of its hind leg was turned to dust.

       Aiyoshar gripped the insignia of Solan that lay around his neck. Then, his body glowed with sunlight, and Ella's body glowed with sunlight as well. The wounds he had sustained began to heal over, and so did Ella's

       Eris ran towards the dragon and held their dagger at the ready.

       Brie once again carved a pulsing, red glyph, then releasing its energy as she pointed her finger. The red bead of light exploded just above the dragon's back.

       Cedric followed up with a similar detonation, focusing it on the exact same spot. The dragon roared in pain once again. Glancing up, Cedric could see the distant shape of a massive dragon approaching them, and it had a rider on its back.

       "Guys! We better finish this thing off quick. Ara' Carus is on her way!" Cedric shouted.

       The dragon's tail whirled around, slamming down towards Eris. However, they were able to step out of the way just in time.

       Then, Ella charged at the dragon with her massive blade. With seven fluid strikes, she carved the creature's head open, effortlessly cutting through flesh and bone. White brain matter and black blood poured over her by the gallon. The dragon couldn't even roar in pain as it fell off the roof and into the street below. Ella licked her lips, which were coated with the dragon's blood, and whatever else was in its skull.

       "Tastes like victory! Should we go now?" Ella asked, glancing up towards the dragon that was rapidly approaching.

       "Yes, everyone! Gather around me!" Ara' Sei said, Everyone ran towards her.

       "Okay, let's get out of here." Ara' Sei said sadly. She took one last look at the once glorious city. Now, half of it had been nearly flattened. Shadowy horrors prowled the streets and hid within collapsed buildings. Corpses littered the streets, almost all of them withered.

       Then, there was a pale flash, and the group was gone.