Chapter 248

Ara' Sei repeated the directions to herself in a whisper. Then, she continued along the muddy roads filled with carts and travelling people.

       Many of the streets looked very similar. Similar looking people walked along them. All of the buildings were relatively uniform in height. Every street was muddy and mixed with snow. Ara' Sei couldn't fathom how dull it must be to live in a place like this.

       If it weren't for Roya pointing it out, Ara' Sei would have missed it. The building was hardly larger than any other of the buildings. It was made of dark colored wood, and a tall roof designed so snow couldn't pile atop it.

       Above the door, There was a sign upon which dark letters were carved.

       Lawmaster.

       Ara' Sei smiled, and the two walked through the door.

       There was an elderly, human woman who sat behind a wooden desk. She wore a uniform, as well as a pair of finely crafted glasses. She looked to be inspecting paperwork of some form.

       "Excuse me?" Ara' Sei asked politely. The woman looked up and smiled.

       "What do you two need?" She asked.

       "We need help. We bring terrible news from Point Sathus." Ara' Sei said.

       "You mean the dragons?" The woman asked.

       "Well... yes, how did you know?" Ara' Sei asked.

       "A few mages from Point Sathus arrived through the teleportation circle just a few days back. They spoke of the city haven fallen, burned down by an army of ebony colored dragons. It's horrible, but I'm not sure what to do about it." The woman explained.

       "Me and my friends are trying to stop it, but we need help." Ara' Sei said.

       "Help from who?" The woman asked.

       "We need help from the local military, and I feel that they would specialize in such matters." Ara' Sei said.

       "Okay, I can arrange a meeting between you and them. You know, I kind of doubted all of the people that came through when they first spoke of it, but now I'm certain." The Lawmaster explained.

       "Don't worry, with a bit of help, we can stop it. We just need your help to reach out to the local military forces." Ara' Sei said.

       "Okay. I can get you a meeting, but beyond that, I'm afraid I'm not of much use. Come back here in five hours, and I promise you I'll have a meeting ready for you." The Lawmaster explained.

       "Thank you so much, what's your name?" Ara' Sei asked.

       "Lawmaster Geros, and yours?" Geros asked.

       "My name is Ara' Sei, and my friend here is Roya." Ara' Sei said. Roya waved.

       "It's good to meet you, Lawmaster Geros." They said.

       "Alright, I'll get to work. Just meet right here back in five hours, and I assure you I can set up a meeting." Geros said.

       "Thank you Geros." Ara' Sei said with a smile before waving goodbye.

       "Okay, this is good news!" Ara' Sei said.

       "Well, all we've gotten is a chance, but I'll gladly take it."