Chapter 243

Cedric made an effort to wake everyone else up well over an hour before the sun had risen.

       Every one of them felt a feeling of heightened resilience, and in some cases, far greater magical power. Their muscles ached, and some of them had new scars and burns.

       But, every one of them had awakened far earlier than normal.

       "So, where should we go?" Cedric asked.

       "Maybe we should go to Roya first. We need all the allies we can get." Aiyoshar said.

       "That's definitely a good idea. We'll go to Oarshear, and we'll get Roya. Then what?" Eris asked.

       "Well, I need to contact as many people as possible." Brie said.

       "I think Varhine could also be of help to us." Cedric said.

       "Brie, do you know of any arcane institutions other than the one in Point Sathus?" Eris asked.

       "I do, there's one in Erathir. It's not as big as the one in Point Sathus, but you'll find plenty of more than competent arcanists there." Brie explained.

       "Do you think we could call on them for help?" Zerai asked.

       "I'm not sure, I know a few individuals there, but they may not be of help." Brie said.

       "So, shall we go to Oarshear then?" Ara' Sei asked.

       "Yes, everyone, follow me." Cedric said. Cedric led the group to one of the large trees by the stream. Ara' Sei looked at the hamlet one last time, shedding a single tear at knowing its fate.

       Cedric placed his hand on the tree, and an emerald doorway was outlined upon it. Then, the group rushed through.

       On the other side was the tree that lay a few miles from Oarshear. Here, it was noticeably brighter, and the sun had already risen. Everyone ran to get to the city.

       The guards let them in once Aiyoshar revealed his rank as a cleric of Solan. Then, the group ran to get to where the local cathedral of Solan lay.

       The cathedral itself had been destroyed when the group had left Oarshear, now, it existed as a series of foundations. Roya was standing next to a few others, one of which had an unrolled scroll that everyone was looking at.

       The group approached her, with Aiyoshar at the head. Roya's eyes widened and a smile lit up across their face upon seeing the group.

       "Aiyoshar? Is that you?!" They asked. Aiyoshar nodded.

       "Give me a moment." Roya said to the others, they nodded and went off to do their own thing.

       "So, what's the meaning of this?" Roya asked.

       "It's, not good news, Roya." Ara' Sei said.

       "In... what way?" Roya asked.

       "Point Sathus... is gone. A small army of dragons destroyed it. We need all the help we can get to stop it, because I get the feeling they'll travel North." Ara' Sei explained. Roya took a deep breath.

       "Aiyoshar, is this true?" Roya asked. Aiyoshar nodded.

       "Well. This is, news. I don't like, but thank you for letting me know. I can message the cleric of Solan in Oakholme by tomorrow." Roya said.

       "Don't worry, I'm already going to do that, and I can do it today." Aiyoshar replied.

       "So, are you going to help us?" Ara' Sei asked. Roya glanced back to the barely constructed cathedral.

       "Yes, but for today, I'm going to be busy preparing this place for evacuation. I don't want to take any chances. And I'm not sure this group alone is enough to stop an army of dragons before they get here." Roya said.

       "So, should we return here tomorrow?" Cedric asked. Roya nodded.

       "In that case, I'll take all of us to Sanctuary Grove. From there, I can lead us to get Varhine, she's a powerful druid, and she'll be of help." Cedric explained.

       With that, the group was already leaving Oarshear. But, they now knew that Roya would be their ally.