Chapter 237

Within moments, Eris also heard the sound.

       "That's not us, is it?" They asked.

       "I don't think so, no one's really noticed us." Cedric answered. Brie carved a pale blue glyph into the air.

       "Our friends are here, and they aren't far. We should worry about them." Brie said.

       "I agree, but I really don't' like what I'm hearing." Cedric said.

       "In that case, I'll try to hurry." Eris said, running back down the flight of steps. It only took ten seconds to fully finish lockpicking this door. But, on the other side, they found two guards bearing robes.

       "Bit of help?!" They asked loudly. Brie and Cedric rushed downstairs. The guards extended their hands outwards, and a barrage of vibrant projectiles fired from both of the guards. Eris cartwheeled back from the projectiles, but many still hit them, leaving burning marks behind.

       Cedric held his hand outwards at one of the guards, and a shining point of glowing emerald appeared near the guard's chest. The guard reeled back as a large part of her upper body was withered away.

       "Look out Eris!" Brie shouted as she carved a pulsing red glyph into the air. A red point of light flew towards the two guards, igniting in a loud, fiery explosion. Eris leapt away with ease from the explosion, but the two guards weren't so lucky.

       Then, Eris leapt back towards the guards and carved a crackling, blue glyph in the air before them. A massive lightning bolt leapt across the chamber, smashing into the wall. The two guards were silhouetted in a flash of blue light before falling to the floor as charred corpses.

       Eris instantly slipped the lockpick in, and this lock wasn't too different from the previous doors. Then, the door opened down a flight of steps.

       "I'll lead the way, I know where they are!" Brie said, running ahead and down the steps. Cedric and Eris followed her.

       With the spell she had cast before on Ara' Sei specifically she was able to find Ara' Sei rather quickly. Ara' Sei was in a cell, still in her nightgown, her limbs bound behind her.

       "Is that who I think it is?" Ara' Sei asked.

       "Yes." Eris replied, quickly getting the door open and freeing Ara' Sei from her restraints.

       "I'm not sure where the others are, but once we get to them, we need to get my arcane focus." Ara' Sei explained.

       "Okay, I can find the others." Brie said, already carving another glyph into the air, this one graceful and fluid. It looked similar to the one she used to cast her pale blue ray, but it was more intricate and graceful.

       "This way." Brie said, already running down another corridor within the dungeon. Occasional other prisoners glanced up at the strange, new arrivals.

       Within minutes, Zerai and Ella had been rescued from their cells. Thankfully, they had a vague idea of where their stuff had been taken. Within a few minutes, the group had retrieved Ara' Sei's arcane focus as well as Ella's battle gear.

       "We heard screaming from above, we need to hurry to see what it is." Cedric said. The group ran up and out of the dungeons. They went through the archways and exited the building, this time out front.

       The scene before them was mayhem incarnate.

       Dragons with familiar, black, and ebony scales flew through the sky, unleashing violet bursts upon the buildings below them. The smell of dirt, dust, and debris filled the air as buildings were withered and blasted to nothing. Screams emanated from the city, and many of the signature towers were gone.

       Above everything was a massive dragon, noticeably larger than the others. And on its back, faintly visible, was a pale figure with long, flowing black hair.

       "It's Ara' Carus, and the same kind of dragons we fought before." Cedric said.

       "But now they're here, in Point Sathus."