Chapter 227

Ella burst out from behind the bookshelves towards the archivists.

       "Hello!" She shouted. Eris also charged forward.

       Eris brought the blunt end of their dagger into the heads of one of the archivists. He was sent reeling back, but wasn't fully knocked out.

       With two punches, Ella punched the woman archivist to the ground, where she lay unmoving. Then, she slammed her knee into the groin of one of the other archivists, who appeared to be a middle aged human man.

       One archivist extended a hand towards Ella, and a cloud of green gas erupted towards her. But, it didn't seem to have much effect.

       In contrast, another archivist, who appeared to be a teenage dwarf, carved a familiar pale blue glyph. Eris instantly recognized it as the spell that Brie commonly used. However, it only glanced Eris' shoulder.

       Eris slammed the blunt end of their dagger into the head of their opponent before looking towards the teenager.

       "Sorry kid." They said.

       Ella slammed her fist into the face of the middle aged human man before running over to the teenager. She brought her foot up into a kick that slammed into the side of the teenager's head, sending him flying.

       By the end, none of the archivists were dead, just beat up. Eris could already hear other footsteps on the way.

       We're heading up. They said.

       Meanwhile, Brie was making sure she snagged every spellbook that looked to be worth its salt. Then, they all heard the message.

       So Ara' Sei, what do we need to do? Zerai asked.

       Kind of like the interplanar travel spell, we need to be close together in a general circle. Then, I'll cast the spell to make us teleport. Just be warned, it might not work. Ara' Sei said.

       Then, Ella and Eris came running in.

       Everyone gathered around Ara' Sei.

       "Okay everyone, let's go back to the inn now, most likely." Ara' Sei said. Then, Ara' Sei's eyes glowed with pale light, and there was a flash of pale light.

       Then, everything went white. When the light faded, everyone was in Ara' Sei and Zerai's room.

       "Whoa." Ella said.

       "So Ara' Sei, care to explain how you did that?" Eris asked.

       "There's... a new kind of spell I have. It can replicate most other spells, and it can also do more, but it's unclear what." Ara' Sei said.

       "It can replicate any spell?" Brie asked.

       "Any, and far better to, things like bringing people back won't cost any money. But, I haven't had it for very long. I'm still not entirely sure how it works but it's something I'm capable of now." Ara' Sei explained.

       "That's... amazing." Zerai said.

       "Yeah, it is. Anyways, I'm going to look at what I've gotten from the Restricted Section, I was able to pick up a ton of super illegal spellbooks too, I'll probably go with one of you to get the materials for transcribing them.

       "Isn't that risky considering you just committed a crime?" Eris asked.

       "They didn't see me doing anything. All they know is that me and Ella entered. Come to think of it, I should probably go back to my house." Brie said.

       "No, they know you're connected to it. What are we going to do?" Zerai asked.

       "I was there, and they could probably recognize me. I can also disguise myself and take Cedric with me." Eris said.

       "That sounds like a good plan. Not to sidetrack you all, but we should probably read the book on Ara' Carus first." Ara' Sei said.

       "Good idea! I'll get started on it now!" Brie said. Brie ran to her room, and eventually everyone else went back to their own rooms as well.

      In the end, it was a mostly successful heist.