Chapter 305

Zerai had begun running towards the next corpse he could see, this one being the one that belonged to Cedric. It lay just next to the one of Varhine.

       Then, the dragon flashed with violet light, and it roared with deafening volume. Above the Theirin bay, it would have been lost in the sheer volume of the battle, but here, it was clear as day.

       It clearly pierced through everyone's mind. Ella felt herself go slack. Zerai felt the feeling beginning to overcome him as well.

       Despite her terrible condition, Brie was able to overcome the feeling, and she took a deep breath. Looking around her, she could see the effects that the dragon's roar had on everyone.

       The dragon itself descended upon Eris. Eris fought against the feeling with everything they had, and they desperately clung to their premonitions.

       Eris felt the jaws clamp around them. Then, they rolled to the side of a claw smashing them against the ground.

       Then, the second pair of claws the dragon had sent Eris rolling across the ground, blood scattering across the stone floor of the massive chamber.

       Brie gulped as she saw everyone around her rendered helpless.

       "Don't worry Brie, it's fine it's fine it's fine. Perfectly fine." Brie muttered. All she could do was carve the simple, pale blue glyph. A ray of pale blue light fired at the dragon, and a few ice crystals rapidly formed across its chest. Brie then ran away as fast as she could before she disappeared and reappeared further from the dragon

       The dragon stumbled forward, blood leaking from several spots across its body. It flew with all its speed towards Brie, but it couldn't quite make it to her.

       Behind the dragon, Zerai pointed his hand at the body of Eris, and golden light flooded through them, awakening them. Then, Zerai took out another diamond and crouched next to Cedric. The whole time, he shivered, and tears streamed down his cheeks.

       Once again, Zerai's diamond crumbled into golden dust, and with a golden flash, Cedric was dead no longer. Another one of the shadow creatures vanished into nothing.

       Roya tried to step forward, but they couldn't fight the feeling that had been placed over them. Ella also tried to fight, but she couldn't bring herself to do so.

       The dragon continued to lumber forward. With shaking hands, Brie carved an intricate, pale blue glyph. Then, she could hear the lumbering steps of the dragon, the golden glow of Zerai's magic, and the shaking over her own hands. She smiled as she saw what was to unfold.

       She unleashed the power within the glyph. She could barely breathe, and barely stand, but she managed. As the dragon tried to walk forward, ice crystals crawled across its body. Its arms reaching forward and its wings outstretched turned to pale ice.

       After a few seconds, there was no dragon, only a strangely beautiful ice sculpture, which remained as the only evidence of the dragon's existence. Ella, Roya, and Zerai no longer felt the dragon's presence within their minds.

       A few lights flew from Brie's hands, illuminating the room.

       Roya took one of Zerai's diamonds and brought back Varhine. Zerai immediately glanced around the room.

       "I wonder what's happened to Ara' Sei." He muttered.

       "Don't worry Zerai, I'm right here." Ara' Sei said. Pale light shined from her hand, illuminating her, and the violet marks across her body, as well as the wide smile on her face.

       "I see you all finished up nicely." Ara' Sei said, looking at the dragon.

       "How do we know she's gone?" Brie asked.

       "When I killed her, a pale feather upon a pedestal glowed with the power of her magic. When I vaporized it, I was sure she was gone." Ara' Sei said.

       "Her last angel feather." Eris said. Ara' Sei nodded, looking at her own spectral wings.

       Zerai collapsed into Ara' Sei's arms. He breathed an audible sigh of relief.

       "You scared me." He said. Ara' Sei wiped a tear from his eyes. She chuckled.

       "It's alright, we're okay now."