Chapter 277

Ara' Sei's eyes then immediately flicked over to the dragon that pursued her. She pointed her hand back at the dragon, and let a flaming spear build within her hand. Once again, it left a scorch mark where it impacted against the dragon's scales.

       Eris effortlessly flew around and ducked from lunging jaws and flailing tails. But, they groaned as a claw raked across their back.

       A ray of violet, almost black energy fired from Ara' Carus' hand towards Eris. But, with the help of their premonitions, Eris was able to effortlessly evade it.

       Another explosion fired from Ara' Carus' hand towards Eris. But, Eris flew back away from it as they flew towards another dragon.

       They struck the dragon right in its wing shoulder, but they weren't able to cut off the wing just yet. So, they leapt away from the dragon and dodged away from a massive pair of jaws.

       Eris reveled in Ara' Carus' frustration as they effortlessly evaded another one of Ara' Carus' rays.

       Cedric flew just barely closer to Eris. Then, with a piercing cry, emerald light flooded through Eris' body, and they smiled as the raked wounds on their back began to mend over.

       But, Cedric had gotten too close.

       A spear of flame came hurtling towards Cedric from Ara' Carus' outstretched hand.

       "Look out!" Ara' Sei shouted. But, Cedric was slammed in the stomach with a flaming spear, and his flight faltered. But, he was still flying, and he had maintained his form.

       Ara' Sei spun around and extended her hand towards the dragon behind her. A beacon built within her fingertips and flew towards the dragon behind her. It slammed into the dragon, leaving a glowing, scorch mark behind. Ara' Sei sighed angrily, this was happening too slowly.

       Eris evaded a field of violet flame that emerged from a dragon's mouth. But, a pair of lunging jaws clipped them in the legs.

       Cedric flew as fast as he could, but he desperately wanted to help Eris, and he looked for an opportune window where Ara' Carus was far enough away.

       Ara' Sei could see what Cedric was trying to do, and she looked towards Eris. She muttered a word beneath her breath, reaching outwards with her power. Then, she looked behind her and aimed for the glowing mark her beacon had left behind. She let fire build within her arm, and she inhaled through her teeth as she felt her arm growing hotter and hotter from the repeated flames.

       But, Ara' Sei gasped as she saw a dragon taking up their flank. The creature opened its mouth and a storm of violet flames erupted.

       Cedric angled himself to shield Ara' Sei from the flames. But, Ara' Sei watched as his form reverted back to normal. Then, the two of them were falling towards the ground.

       Ara' Sei felt herself spinning through the air. Her whole body felt terrible. She felt frozen and burnt simultaneously, and she was rapidly becoming dizzy.

       Eris saw Cedric falling towards the ground, his eagle form having fallen. The small storm cloud above also faded.

       "So! What will you do?!" Ara' Carus shouted from the top of her dragon. But, Eris did not respond, as their eyes were locked onto the two figures that were spinning and falling towards the ground.